Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I can only assume you d
Bollocks … big bouncing ones. I would argue his off the ball movement is excellent.
Can only assume you don’t actually go and watch us play often. Movement may be ok but his passing isn’t the best and first touch has often means he loses possession. It probably wouldn’t matter in many sides but playing the way we do means RDZ wants better quality in deeper areas. If it was bollocks we wouldn’t be loaning him out would we?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
RDZ favours 4-3-2-1 - with the 1 often having to play deep when / hold it up we try and break the press . A sort of #10 . Undav play that 1/CF but is presumably 4th choice there. How often would he play ? Would he even make the bench most weeks ? Tough ask expecting home to hang around.

Perhaps he didn’t fancy that. I guess Ferguson, welbeck AND Pedro could all get injured…and we’d be in a hole. Adingra might have to play there. Or perhaps an incoming kudus
Risks
(Welbeck btw made 30 odd appearances last season - idea that he’s “prone” to injury seem over but who knows , Ferguson is being carefully managed - his apps are being restricted. , Pedro - the worst could happen - but all at the same time ? )

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
RDZ favours 4-3-2-1 - with the 1 often having to play deep when / hold it up we try and break the press . A sort of #10 . Undav play that 1/CF but is presumably 4th choice there. How often would he play ? Would he even make the bench most weeks ? Tough ask expecting home to hang around.

Perhaps he didn’t fancy that. I guess Ferguson, welbeck AND Pedro could all get injured…and we’d be in a hole. Adingra might have to play there. Or perhaps an incoming kudus
Risks
(Welbeck btw made 30 odd appearances last season - idea that he’s “prone” to injury seem over but who knows , Ferguson is being carefully managed - his apps are being restricted. , Pedro - the worst could happen - but all at the same time ? )
This is Brighton........:moo:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He wouldn't have gone to the US if the club had planned to sell him.

Either (1) there is a personal issue which means he wants to be in Germany, (2) the club got an unexpected offer that was too decent to refuse or (3) Jaoa Pedro has exceeded our wildest expectations.

An unlikely reprieve for Andi Zeqiri ? Still unlikely, indeed. But you never can tell.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can only assume you d

Can only assume you don’t actually go and watch us play often. Movement may be ok but his passing isn’t the best and first touch has often means he loses possession. It probably wouldn’t matter in many sides but playing the way we do means RDZ wants better quality in deeper areas. If it was bollocks we wouldn’t be loaning him out would we?
If you seriously think his touch isn’t good, I would suggest you don’t go or confuse with someone else.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'll be a bit sad if this is true. I imagined and hoped he'd stick around and become a cult hero, but I can understand if he's decided he wants more than that.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I would of thought that we will need 4 forwards this season , to cover all the matches with injuries and suspensions

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Lots of factors here I guess. The worry I always had with him is that the things he did wrong were the real basics. He looked below this level on quite a few occasions. Then he seemed like he was coming good, but you never know how he trains and what RDZ thinks of him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly, it seems an easy ‘argument’ to suggest he’s injury prone, when actually it’s the complete opposite.

Whether he is good enough to start over Ferguson or Pedro as a single forward is different IMO.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Falls into the category of DEFINITELY good enough to stay, but there's no way we can guarantee starts etc. A loan probably suits everyone sadly. This is what happens when the squad keeps improving, good players miss out.

See people like Gallagher likely to leave Chelsea.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So surprised to hear De Zerbi say 3 strikers are enough to play 60ish games. If going on loan hope it is to January

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Maybe a season long loan to get full season under his belt with the view that Welbeck isn't getting any younger and this could be his last season at this level?

Decent player and improved towards the end of last season but has a tendency to be a bit wasteful and lacking speed. Happy to see him stay or go to be honest, we have at least 3 better in the squad so keeping players happy may be more important at this point

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So surprised to hear De Zerbi say 3 strikers are enough to play 60ish games. If going on loan hope it is to January
Problem is what game time is the 4th striker realistically expecting? Some sub appearances in a cup. It's a hard sell to someone if they have aspirations.

I don't have the stats to prove it but I bet in his end of season run, his shots to goals ratio was one of the top in the league, hence v surprised..as others have said might have let Bouanette out on loan or dare I say it, release Lallana! (Don't, just don't)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I guess this is what the club means when they say they don't stand in a players way if he wants a move. Hard to keep a guy as squad depth when there's guaranteed minutes elsewhere, esp. back home. Feels a lot like the Burn transfer in that case.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
RDZ suggests there is truth in the rumour in his post match interview(from about 2:08)

That’s confirmation for me. He talks about only needing 3 strikers as well as the possibility of an exit. I just hope we’re being properly financially compensated from his departure. I genuinely had him down as getting double figures this season.

However, I understand the limitations. JP, Welbz and Ferguson are all good enough to drop deep and play as an attacking midfielder or playmaker. Undav struggles with this but in my mind, was turning into a supreme penalty box poacher, the sort that wins you match after match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here