[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Last season I would be happy with this but got to say he's found the net recently and upped his game.

Still, Fergie, Welbeck, Pedro and maybe another incoming target, RDZ probably can't offer Undav the minutes he wants/needs.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
We play 4-4-3 including an attacking midfielder like Llalanna or a forward in a support role. Plenty of You Tube videos available to see how we play. We definitely don’t play with 2 players as strikers ( focal point up front)
We don't play this way at all. If you want to get all technical talking about YouTube videos I can get a lot more technical.

When we have the ball in our defensive third we operate in a 2-4-2-2 with our CBs dropping deep, our fullbacks and midfielders sitting slightly in front of them and then our strikers/attacking midfielder dropping in slightly deeper to lure the opposition CBs out of position. This means in essence our attacking midfielder and striker are doing the same role.

Hence why I called them both a hybrid of strikers and attacking midfielders. Our central attacking players are supposed to be able to receive the ball, hold it up and lay it off. Even when someone like Ferguson is playing he drops deep a lot. Lallana/Mac were essentially playing next to him as a double false 9 system.

So yes, we play with two strikers, but they just don't play as full strikers. Ferguson + Welbeck + Undav produced some of our best moments last season as a duel striking partnership for example

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Just maybe he’s one of those players who puts playing in front of the money.

None of them will ever be worrying about paying their leccy bills.
SAUCES say his motivation is a craving for a German doner kebab

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
We don't play this way at all. If you want to get all technical talking about YouTube videos I can get a lot more technical.

When we have the ball in our defensive third we operate in a 2-4-2-2 with our CBs dropping deep, our fullbacks and midfielders sitting slightly in front of them and then our strikers/attacking midfielder dropping in slightly deeper to lure the opposition CBs out of position. This means in essence our attacking midfielder and striker are doing the same role.

Hence why I called them both a hybrid of strikers and attacking midfielders. Our central attacking players are supposed to be able to receive the ball, hold it up and lay it off. Even when someone like Ferguson is playing he drops deep a lot. Lallana/Mac were essentially playing next to him as a double false 9 system.

So yes, we play with two strikers, but they just don't play as full strikers. Ferguson + Welbeck + Undav produced some of our best moments last season as a duel striking partnership for example
So one of your strikers doesn’t play as a full striker then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh no, he’s a great player, really good touch and an eye for goal. I hope he stays.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
So one of your strikers doesn’t play as a full striker then.
Neither of our strikers play as a full striker.

Maybe actually read what I've posted before replying to it?

This part for example.

Meant 4-3-3!

A 4-3-3 is nothing like what we play. A 4-3-3 indicates a more defence minded CM in between two box to box/more attacking midfielders. Two wingers or inside forwards and a focal point.

That is nothing at all how we play. We essentially play with a double Segundo Volante pivot in the midfield.

One of these is more defensive (Caicedo) and the other more attacking (Mac Allister, Groß) and had the added responsibility of creating and arriving into the area for shots.

Centrally ahead of these two we have two players that don't play as a focal point. They operate by dropping deep. If you want to define them as terms then they would likely be false 9 and second striker roles. Neither of them operating as a traditional number 9, but more in the mold of players like Kane and Havertz pre Chelsea.

The best ways to describe our line up really is a 4-2-4, or a 4-2-3-1 depending on how traditional you want to be with your positions.

May 1, 2023
As we get closer to the season, I think the nucleus of the squad is now coming together. As most managers like to work with a squad (in the region) of 23, then it means that some will either miss out or need to develop elsewhere for a season (such as Sarmiento).

It feels to me that the squad is bigger then we initially thought it may be. For example, it's not unfeasible to see Caicedo stay, Alzate is making a claim for a starting spot, Adingra has hit the ground running etc.

To that extent, it makes sense that he may be in the periphery as despite his talent it never felt that he truly fitted seamlessly.

He scored one of the best goals I've ever seen live against Wolves, and made me giddy watching against Arsenal on the TV and always gave the impression that he was trying his hardest. So I wish him well, hope he does well at the next stop and part amicably.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Neither of our strikers play as a full striker.

Maybe actually read what I've posted before replying to it?

This part for example.

A 4-3-3 is nothing like what we play. A 4-3-3 indicates a more defence minded CM in between two box to box/more attacking midfielders. Two wingers or inside forwards and a focal point.

That is nothing at all how we play. We essentially play with a double Segundo Volante pivot in the midfield.

One of these is more defensive (Caicedo) and the other more attacking (Mac Allister, Groß) and had the added responsibility of creating and arriving into the area for shots.

Centrally ahead of these two we have two players that don't play as a focal point. They operate by dropping deep. If you want to define them as terms then they would likely be false 9 and second striker roles. Neither of them operating as a traditional number 9, but more in the mold of players like Kane and Havertz pre Chelsea.

The best ways to describe our line up really is a 4-2-4, or a 4-2-3-1 depending on how traditional you want to be with your positions.
I would accept 4-2-3-1. As I said In my post we play with an attacking midfielder or a forward in a support role. Not sure why you are getting so upset because basically we are in agreement. GK, LB, RB, CB x 2, DM x2, AM/FWD, RW, LW, STK

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I would accept 4-2-3-1. As I said In my post we play with an attacking midfielder or a forward in a support role. Not sure why you are getting so upset because basically we are in agreement. GK, LB, RB, CB x 2, DM x2, AM/FWD, RW, LW, STK
Because we don't play with a striker at all in a traditional sense but also don't play with a traditional central attacking midfielder.

We play with two 9.5s who alternate, not a traditional striker at all

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Whilst it will be sad to see him go, and he proved he knows where the net is, his general outfield play is way below par for the team and not sure he can really do what RDZ demands in deeper areas. Also really could mean Kudus is on the cards which would actually be ridiculous considering our midfield attacking options.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Very disappointing if true. New players arrive, noses out of joint. Who knows

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Because we don't play with a striker at all in a traditional sense but also don't play with a traditional central attacking midfielder.

We play with two 9.5s who alternate, not a traditional striker at all
Like Llalanna and Mac Alistair?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports