[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do think our squad is way too big. Man City played 60 something games and only 21 members of the squad started 5 or more matches. We don't need 30+ players.
This is probably the first time in more than 5 million posts that anyone has ever said this on NSC about Brighton and Hove Albion.

I salute you :salute:

:ROFLMAO:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn’t he have some off field problems at the start of the year? Maybe he wants to be closer to home and we’re not standing in his way.
Yep. This makes proper sense. :thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m surprised how many are surprised by this. I like Undav and it was great to see him come good at the end of the season, he’s a great finisher, but I just can’t see him getting many minutes, even with the extra games.

Even without him, for the two front positions he would play, we’ve still got three players for the front focal point:

Welbeck
Ferguson
Joao Pedro

And three others for the slightly more withdrawn central role which can and will at times obviously be filled by the above too:

Buonanotte
Lallana
Enciso

Plus Adingra can play up front and Gross can play further forward too. We’re reportedly looking for a wide right player which would also reduce his potential game time further.

If it’s true, it would make sense to me. I don’t think we need both of Undav and Buonanotte - I would have loaned out Buonanotte personally - but if it’s Undav then so be it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In terms of forward options to loan out, we would have been better off loaning out Buonanotte IMHO, toughen him up a bit

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
In terms of forward options to loan out, we would have been better off loaning out Buonanotte IMHO, toughen him up a bit
Another reason why it seems driven by Deniz. Fair play to him either way, proved a lot of us wrong and will always score goals.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
RDZ has played several games with 2 strikers rather than an attacking midfielder in behind a lone striker. I assumed that Pedro playing centrally this week was an indication of this trial of 2 strikers being a more regular tactic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be a shame to lose Old Ma Undav

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Just maybe he’s one of those players who puts playing in front of the money.

None of them will ever be worrying about paying their leccy bills.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Deniz did a great job for us, but i don't think RDZ really trusted him.

I think we have enough attacking options, assuming we lose nobody else.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
No we don't, we play with two strikers where they alternate between dropping deep and being the focal point, or both drop.

It's like having two half striker half attacking mids.
We play 4-4-3 including an attacking midfielder like Llalanna or a forward in a support role. Plenty of You Tube videos available to see how we play. We definitely don’t play with 2 players as strikers ( focal point up front)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports