Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I highly doubt Brighton would have relinquish control when Undav left in the summer. Hence, why it was an option (that Brighton don’t have to accept) rather than a performance based buy obligation.

If the reported option fee of £15M is correct I’m sure Stuttgart would snap that up immediately.
That's not how option to buy clauses work.

The clause is a set amount that if they pay we have no choice but to accept it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That's not how option to buy clauses work.

The clause is a set amount that if they pay we have no choice but to accept it.
It’s been reported that the price within option is dependent on his performances so the better he does the more they have to pay. This could price him out of a move, however you are correct if they exercise the option we can’t do anything about unless the player decides he’d rather stay at his parent club.

It’s also worth noting that currently Stuttgarts record fee paid is about £11m. If they are sensible they won’t be gambling massively against one season of CL money so Undav would still represent a huge investment for them.

Jimmy Grimble

I would have had money on him scoring one of those two chances last night.
The Welbeck one at the end? Undav’s a brilliant finisher but his pace is getting him no where near a shooting opportunity in that situation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I would have had money on him scoring one of those two chances last night.
Welbeck had three decent chances.. Welbeck's strength and speed enabled him to be there for the final one - not necessarily Undav's forte. Undav perhaps could have made more of the header that just went wide and i doubt Undav could have done much about the third chance which was denied due to a wonder tackle.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
But not for a club who have just qualified for the CL. They’re 3rd, 7 points clear of 5th win 7 games to go.

If Germany get one of the extra CL spots then they’re SIXTEEN points clear of 6th.
It would be their record signing. It's huge money for a club like them. They've mostly been relegated or down the bottom of the league over the last few seasons.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Welbeck had three decent chances.. Welbeck's strength and speed enabled him to be there for the final one - not necessarily Undav's forte. Undav perhaps could have made more of the header that just went wide and i doubt Undav could have done much about the third chance which was denied due to a wonder tackle.
I know it’s all maybes Undav is a smart finisher the little stall before he chips the keeper sublime.
Welbeck seems to struggle with easier chances you can see his feet get mixed up normally right before he pulls the trigger.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know it’s all maybes Undav is a smart finisher the little stall before he chips the keeper sublime.
Welbeck seems to struggle with easier chances you can see his feet get mixed up normally right before he pulls the trigger.
Undav missed lots of chances last year too!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Would he want to come back? We always say we don't want to keep an unhappy player, and maybe he'd prefer to stay in his homeland at a club where he's been a big success.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Undav missed lots of chances last year too!
The real problem is we just didn't see enough of him last year. The fleeting early season appearances did not look good but then he came good right at the end. Can he do it consistently in the Premier league and will the squad rotation allow him to build up a head of steam?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Would he want to come back? We always say we don't want to keep an unhappy player, and maybe he'd prefer to stay in his homeland at a club where he's been a big success.
The PL is a different beast although he has proved himself. Werner struggles in the PL yet smashes up the German league. Maybe he will want to prove himself in the PL giving it another go who knows.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
No way is he turning down CL football with Stuttgart to do 10 minute cameos for us even if we dont sell to Stuttgart I think were selling to someone. With the season he is having should be good money

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
My understanding is that much of Stuttgart’s success has come from Guirassy’s fine form as well as Deniz’s goals.
I believe that Guirassy has a release clause for c £20m and many clubs are sniffing around.
If Guirassy leaves in the summer for c £20m then Stuttgart may have the funds to buy Deniz.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have seen on numerous occasions on here that there is no chance of him coming back due to his “family issues”

Not sure he’ll be thrilled to come back given the non stop rotation of forwards by RDZ either
I think it was more he was allowed to return for 'personal reasons', having had some confirmed issues last season. Nothing about whether he came back or not.

Maybe they are not an issue anymore? Who knows? None of our business, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here