Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz ‘The Beast’ Undav

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
541E734D-B7FD-421D-8642-9E35072C8617.jpeg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Talking of times, it irrationally annoyed me that the sub in the first half was 45 + 1 and the three at halftime were 45.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s forming a crucifix in the photo!
If he'd been doing a back flip, it would have been an inverted cross..

I appreciate that the EPL allows foreign investment but, Tony, Tony, don't you think that a financial pact with the devil might not be a step too far?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is it me or is Undav suddenly looking a player? It went under the radar after his two goals, but his movement dragged both centre halves across to create Gross' first goal on Sunday. I'd also say he looks a LOT fitter than even two months ago.

He came again last night, and whilst he only got 15 minutes, he again looked sharp and above all you could the confidence surging through him. He got one sharp shooting chance away which he'd never have hit as confidently only a few weeks ago.

As far as I can tell, this is the Deniz Undav the club hoped they'd signed, and he could well be absolutely priceless in the run-in. I genuinely think he prove to be the story of the month.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Is it me or is Undav suddenly looking a player? It went under the radar after his two goals, but his movement dragged both centre halves across to create Gross' first goal on Sunday. I'd also say he looks a LOT fitter than even two months ago.

He came again last night, and whilst he only got 15 minutes, he again looked sharp and above all you could the confidence surging through him. He got one sharp shooting chance away which he'd never have hit as confidently only a few weeks ago.

As far as I can tell, this is the Deniz Undav the club hoped they'd signed, and he could well be absolutely priceless in the run-in. I genuinely think he prove to be the story of the month.
No longer a passenger, now making a contribution. By his own admission Denis realised that he was not Premier league standard when he first joined and that he had to work hard to improve. Looks like that hard work and positive attitude is finally paying off, you love to see it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Warming up he had the biggest grin ever when the whole NS sang "Oh Denis Undav..."

Can see it really got to him and can only help give him that extra little incentive to play better for us

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011

Unpopular opinion now I guess, but for me the Man U game showed me all his weaknesses, the amount of time he could have broken the back line with a decent run behind or dropping off more to pull out centre backs. Too much plodding alongside the CBs for me, didn't see much if any of his strengths (decoy runs, hold up play). I was excited to see him come on with renewed confidence after the Wolves game but didn't see any vigor at all. Having said that, I think Welbeck also had a dreadful game and was pretty absent, so maybe it was just good/congested defending from Man U?

He's a decent option for us if we get into to Europe, but other than that I'm worried for him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Unpopular opinion now I guess, but for me the Man U game showed me all his weaknesses, the amount of time he could have broken the back line with a decent run behind or dropping off more to pull out centre backs. Too much plodding alongside the CBs for me, didn't see much if any of his strengths (decoy runs, hold up play). I was excited to see him come on with renewed confidence after the Wolves game but didn't see any vigor at all. Having said that, I think Welbeck also had a dreadful game and was pretty absent, so maybe it was just good/congested defending from Man U?

He's a decent option for us if we get into to Europe, but other than that I'm worried for him.
It's all about opinions though isn't it? If you ask me, Man Utd were second best but their defence was superbly organised. Shaw and Lindelof in particular were class. Let's see what Undav does against Everton. I'm quietly confident.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Third choice striker in the squad with the sixth lowest budget in the Prem...cost £6 million.

I think he is doing just fine for us...

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
I want to give him a "pass" on his Wembley performance. He looked to me like someone who had stayed up all night excited about playing at Wembley. His performance reminded me of playing Sunday league after a late night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not afraid to say I’m changing my opinion on Undav. Certainly think as a squad player he is more than deserving

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Thought he was class when he came on today.

He's not just about his flair for chipping the keeper... his all round play is quality.

He's a quality player... and we're starting to see it now he's getting a decent amount of minutes in.

He's like a decent, stronger Maupay, imo.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Thought he was class when he came on today.

He's not just about his flair for chipping the keeper... his all round play is quality.

He's a quality player... and we're starting to see it now he's getting a decent amount of minutes in.

He's like a decent, stronger Maupay, imo.
You are on it today, fact after fact, completely agree with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here