Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Agree with this. I read Everton are also interested and they are bound to pay higher wages, have better prospects and are also short of striking options (so he would start). Get the feeling we're being used again to flush out others and increase the cost.
However, I'm a born pessimist and would love to be proved wrong.

Perhaps it’s a cunning ruse on our part to force Everton’s hand early so we can then pick up our man ... Niasse from them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've had bids for 2 strikers accepted. If we supposedly haven't even made a bid for Dembele, then he isn't one of them - so it's unlikely he's coming to us.

We are way beyond the stage of 'not made a bid', so our targets must be other strikers.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We've had bids for 2 strikers accepted. If we supposedly haven't even made a bid for Dembele, then he isn't one of them - so it's unlikely he's coming to us.

We are way beyond the stage of 'not made a bid', so our targets must be other strikers.
Have these deals progressed beyond that stage? We will get something announced shortly?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thanks for sharing anyway! It is plausible we might go for Dembele still then if we've had bids accepted but the players have turned us down.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes. There is that possibility. It's not good news though if we are still at the stage of making bids.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes. There is that possibility. It's not good news though if we are still at the stage of making bids.

Pre season we were one of the favourites for relegation and a season long struggle, but being mid table at the halfway point is a major plus when trying to recruit, I hope. A striker with confidence would expect to be able to add what we are missing up front, which is our weakest area. The chances of one agreeing to join us are much improved from pre season...imo.

Whether that is Dembele, we will soon find out.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds like he's on the move somewhere but possibly we are just being floated to ratchet up the price.

If it happens, seems - on paper - that he'd be what we need. Haven't seen enough of him to know tbh. Goals against Man City and England last season suggest he'd be very decent. And he did well against Rangers. Beyond that I find it hard to get too excited about anyone's goals record in Scotland... Hat-trick against Inverness CT? Well, Tomer could probably manage that.....

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Pre season we were one of the favourites for relegation and a season long struggle, but being mid table at the halfway point is a major plus when trying to recruit, I hope. A striker with confidence would expect to be able to add what we are missing up front, which is our weakest area. The chances of one agreeing to join us are much improved from pre season...imo.

Spot on!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sounds like he's on the move somewhere but possibly we are just being floated to ratchet up the price.

If it happens, seems - on paper - that he'd be what we need. Haven't seen enough of him to know tbh. Goals against Man City and England last season suggest he'd be very decent. And he did well against Rangers. Beyond that I find it hard to get too excited about anyone's goals record in Scotland... Hat-trick against Inverness CT? Well, Tomer could probably manage that.....

Man City yes. It was a different Dembele that scored against England. We won't be signing that one any time soon!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Exactly this!

Any top PL striker reviewing our 3 recent home games would identify at least a dozen chances we’d missed that would have been very scorable. We are creating the chances for this new forward and what a shop window they’d be in during World Cup year.

The anticipation of Jan 1st & unwrapping our late Christmas present is very exciting. Is there really a Dembele (tied up and gagged) shaped parcel lying under Uncle Tony’s 30ft Christmas Tree waiting for Monday?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Anything in this, or is it more smoke and mirrors?

Agent Kevin
@AgentKevinITK
CONFIRMED: @BBCSport have confirmed @celticfc striker @mousadembele WILL join @OfficialBHAFC in January for a fee of £23.5m which also includes a 10% sell on clause.

1:44 PM - Dec 25, 2017

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Agent Kevin
@AgentKevinITK
CONFIRMED: @BBCSport have confirmed @celticfc striker @mousadembele WILL join @OfficialBHAFC in January for a fee of £23.5m which also includes a 10% sell on clause.

Agent Kevin ITK?

Haven't bothered to look him up on twitter, but that's a spoof account if ever there was one surely?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Agent Kevin
@AgentKevinITK

BBCSport haven't confirmed it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here