Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Also from the Scottish Sun (who would have thunk Scotland has it's very own Sun)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...ry-good-player-chris-hughton-celtic-brighton/

This is very unlike Brighton of new to be airing their thoughts on players, we have recently kept them under wraps.

One would have thought airing our interest would maybe start a bidding war we would probably lose, my guess work and that is all it is, is that this may already be a done deal, or at least very close.

Here is hoping to this coming off, and then watch the ticket sales for the Palace game go through the roof.

Imagine him coming on and scoring the 92nd minute winner and becoming an instant legend.

Dreamer I am.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Also from the Scottish Sun (who would have thunk Scotland has it's very own Sun)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...ry-good-player-chris-hughton-celtic-brighton/

This is very unlike Brighton of new to be airing their thoughts on players, we have recently kept them under wraps.

One would have thought airing our interest would maybe start a bidding war we would probably lose, my guess work and that is all it is, is that this may already be a done deal, or at least very close.

Here is hoping to this coming off, and then watch the ticket sales for the Palace game go through the roof.

Imagine him coming on and scoring the 92nd minute winner and becoming an instant legend.

Dreamer I am.

That article just has the exact same quotes that andy Naylor reported in the Argus yesterday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This would be some Christmas present for the Albion fans. The fact the Mail mentioned the 10% sell-on clause and the fact Rodgers has gone on record this week as he won't stand in the way of players leaving indicates that Dembele's departure is imminent.

I see Everton have already shown their new centre-half around their facilities and the window doesn't open for another 10 days. This Dembele could happen quickly. Or some ******* will gazump us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

One would have thought airing our interest would maybe start a bidding war we would probably lose

I very much doubt the industry gets it's intelligence from the press. Once these talks start and the owning club recognise a player is going I imagine they make other potential clubs know, and the agent will be feverishly hawking the player around looking for the best deal too

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
This would be some Christmas present for the Albion fans. The fact the Mail mentioned the 10% sell-on clause and the fact Rodgers has gone on record this week as he won't stand in the way of players leaving indicates that Dembele's departure is imminent.

I see Everton have already shown their new centre-half around their facilities and the window doesn't open for another 10 days. This Dembele could happen quickly. Or some ******* will gazump us.

I think a lot depends on the lad himself.
Been linked to a lot of top clubs like United, spurs, pool a few weeks back. They could easily out pay us. However being honest this lad is currently at a different level to our current striker options and as long as he puts the Work in he would start pretty much every week. He’s an outside bet bearing in mind there current talent pool for the French squad doing well at U21 level though. 5 months in the PL playing every week and hopefully scoring a few along the way will help him no end in getting to the World Cup rather than the odd cameo here and there
Well I’m hoping so anyway

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Absolutely will not happen.

I am fully prepared to have this post bounced back to me if I am wrong, but this is far too public, too expensive and too early visibility for this to happen.

Our proven modus operandi for signing players is for a snippet of info to come out 3-4 days before we actually then complete a deal and the player will be someone that only 2 fans have ever heard of.

I expect us to sign an unknown from somewhere in Europe for £9m.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Agree with this. I read Everton are also interested and they are bound to pay higher wages, have better prospects and are also short of striking options (so he would start). Get the feeling we're being used again to flush out others and increase the cost.
However, I'm a born pessimist and would love to be proved wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
sounds MUCH to good for lil ol Brighton :smile:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
A good chance of happening I think. Has had a few injury problems and despite the early promise to his Celtic career, his form has tailed off quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with this. I read Everton are also interested and they are bound to pay higher wages, have better prospects and are also short of striking options (so he would start). Get the feeling we're being used again to flush out others and increase the cost.
However, I'm a born pessimist and would love to be proved wrong.

While I do agree that we're dreaming a bit on this one, I'm also not convinced he'll go to Everton, as he hardly seems the kind of player that Allardyce would favour -- rumours have also indicated that he's after Benteke, who seems far more his type of player.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Adrian Durham on TalkSport has just said £30m.....THIRTY MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!.....I have only just stopped laughing from Stoneman's comments down under about the Aussies not being better than us!!!!!!....hang on....another belly laugh on the way.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's almost as if Demele and his agent have benefited from all this speculation. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here