Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looks better than (Jamie Murphy) on TV so far.
Sinclair looks better though. So does Armstrong and McGregor.

Last edited:

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
They both look pretty bang average IMHO. Really is like a poor quality championship game so far

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't see any way that Dembele will move before the last few days of the window as he will wait to see if better offers come in for him.
Hopefully we will have signed someone long before that if we are not to risk repeating the mistakes of the summer.

There can't be too many places to go after an offer of £18.5m. At the clubs that are interested none of the managers have established themselves yet so we can hope that Dembele wants to work for Hughton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You’d suspect the Championship was about his level. Hopefully just a made up agent story angling for a move to a proper league.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of the 48 Prem goals Celtic have scored this season, Dembele has got 4. Is he really better than what we already have?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dembele looks no better than he did for Fulham. Anonymous except when he loses the ball.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Chris Sutton isn't keen. via: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/moussa-dembeles-last-game-celtic-11769442

"Unless Dembele is kicking down the doors of Peter Lawwell and Brendan Rodgers and demanding to go, he should not be sold unless Celtic get absolute top dollar from a major club.
And he most certainly should not be getting sold to a Brighton for around £20million.
Why on earth would Dembele fancy Brighton? It’s hardly bright lights and the chances are he would be heading down to the Championship at the end of the season where he started his UK career at Fulham."

I think the trouble with pundits is they view Celtic as some sort of football powerhouse when in reality their squad is probably on par with a Leeds or at best Swansea. Most of their players could not even make a go of it in bottom half premier league teams so have moved to Celtic to play in a dressed up Ryman league.

So when pundits proclaim they are ‘only joining a brighton’ it is more of a reality check of how woeful the Scottish league is these days

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You’d suspect the Championship was about his level. Hopefully just a made up agent story angling for a move to a proper league.

Of the 48 Prem goals Celtic have scored this season, Dembele has got 4. Is he really better than what we already have?

Dembele looks no better than he did for Fulham. Anonymous except when he loses the ball.
Hmmm ... ... ... I'm beginning to hope the rumours aren't true. Shame, I was quite excited about it when it first appeared.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Definetly seemed to look around the place as he applauded the crowd when coming off. I think he’s going somewhere that’s for sure.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I’m pretty comfortable our scouting network know quite a bit more than some of the ‘experts’ on here. Particularly based on 55 minutes in what looks like a team he’s already mentally checked out from. See Shane Duffy for the last time the experts on here went mad about a players attitude when we signed up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like he mailed in his performance today which suggests he is on his way somewhere. The point was made above that Duffy had a shocker at the end of his stint at Blackburn and debut for us but soon got into the swing of things here, so no cause for concern.

I think he's one of those players that could catch fire with the right manager guiding him, someone who will push him.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Would be a bad signing if you ask me....looked distinctly average in a team who are being easily held by a mediocre Rangers side.

Look to Europe I think, for our new striker...

TNBA

TTF

yes, I too watched the match, mainly to see what he did and apart from a few lay-offs, not a great deal. His work-rate didn't seem to be that good, but that could of course be that "his head was turned" as the saying goes. I suppose we should be consistent and bemoan this, if there was indeed a lack of effort, as we were furious with a certain midfielder a few years ago, who would not play.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the Celtic v Rangers BBC match report

''Moussa Dembele had the first chance, but was weak with his finish at the near post. The Frenchman, once again, looked a pale imitation of this multi-million pound striker we keep hearing about.''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here