Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Decent beer shop in Brighton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Middle Farm stock plenty of nice beers.
Was in there the other day, hugely expensive for bottled and canned beer, not so expensive for the draught ciders though.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There is the Bottle & Jug in Worthing (north of central crossing). Never been in there, just walk past it every day! It might be what you are looking for. There again, it may not.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is the Bottle & Jug in Worthing (north of central crossing). Never been in there, just walk past it every day! It might be what you are looking for. There again, it may not.

Very good shop. As is Beer No Evil by Splashpoint

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thanks for this. Beers of Europe looks decent and I'll certainly give Seven Cellars and Quaff a look.

I do go to Harvey's as well. I was looking for something a bit continental as a change
Burning Sky Brewery Firle Online Shop

Might be worth checking the bottle selection here. Delivery is very reliable.
Local beer in a continental stylee. I have a second fridge in my garage I keep stocked for just such occasions.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
If one is truly discerning, they go straight past Harveys and make a beeline for Abyss and Beak
Looks like they are both heavily focused on PA/IPA/NEIPA/DIPA etc. which isn't a great sign IMO/E.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Brighton and Worthing we have Seven Cellars, Beer no evil, Bottle and jug, Wine Barrel. However I'd always recommend https://www.tremblingmadness.co.uk/ for beer, great selection, decent prices and next day delivery if ordered before 3pm.

Beers of Europe are ok, every time I've ordered I've received old stock. Fine or some types of beer but not others.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
If one is truly discerning, they go straight past Harveys and make a beeline for Abyss and Beak
And also pop to Littlington to visit Longman brewery whose beers are quite magnificent. Old Man is a lovely old ale which I prefer to Harvey’s Old and the Rising Giant(APA) is lovely too along with Long Blonde and the rest of the beers they brew.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
And also pop to Littlington to visit Longman brewery whose beers are quite magnificent. Old Man is a lovely old ale which I prefer to Harvey’s Old and the Rising Giant(APA) is lovely too along with Long Blonde and the rest of the beers they brew.
Old Man is indeed a very good ale, but not better than Harvey’s Old IMO. Which reminds me, I haven't had a pint of that since I moved away from Sussex back in the spring :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here