Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jonny Williams,

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway should you not be on your own board worrying about losing your saviour.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...al-palace-manager-tony-pulis-unsure-of-future

Is TP the next manager who finds it hard to work with Prince Charming?

Surely even that bouffant-haired buffoon would be intelligent enough to understand that, after what he's done with that squad of losers, if Tony Pulis demands a huge contract extension, a golden carriage ride to every home game, pulled by six white horses, and a jacuzzi installing in his office at Selhurst, he needs to get on with it.

Even they won't be stupid enough to let him walk away.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chris Martin ???

Do me a favour :lolol:

You don't give a toss about Chris Martin (who did bugger all for you apart from scoring one of your standard two penalties against us) and he cares as much about Crystal Palace :lolol:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Surely even that bouffant-haired buffoon would be intelligent enough to understand that, after what he's done with that squad of losers, if Tony Pulis demands a huge contract extension, a golden carriage ride to every home game, pulled by six white horses, and a jacuzzi installing in his office at Selhurst, he needs to get on with it.

Even they won't be stupid enough to let him walk away.

This is Steve Parish you are talking about and he has had his media nose put out of joint since the Pulis arrival!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is Steve Parish you are talking about and he has had his media nose put out of joint since the Pulis arrival!

Do you think? I can't believe he'd put his own personal interest ahead of the club's, and right now, I'd imagine Pulis is hailed as the second coming of Christ amongst the slow-witted community of SE25.

To let him go would be nuts. Won't happen (wish it would, but it won't).

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Do you think? I can't believe he'd put his own personal interest ahead of the club's, and right now, I'd imagine Pulis is hailed as the second coming of Christ amongst the slow-witted community of SE25.

To let him go would be nuts. Won't happen (wish it would, but it won't).

I think the money that Pulis may want to spend on the squad could be a stumbling block between them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think the money that Pulis may want to spend on the squad could be a stumbling block between them.

A couple of 6'5" target men is I believe all that Pulis is after. Surely Parrish can't begrudge him that? They could sell Murray to Carlisle to help balance the books.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Do me a favour :lolol:

You don't give a toss about Chris Martin (who did bugger all for you apart from scoring one of your standard two penalties against us) and he cares as much about Crystal Palace :lolol:

Blimey Edna, you're in a feisty mood this morn !!
Chris Martin is a SCIENTIST around the box, if you play in YELLOW , he will FIX YOU.

( sorry ERNEST )

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A couple of 6'5" target men is I believe all that Pulis is after. Surely Parrish can't begrudge him that? They could sell Murray to Carlisle to help balance the books.

You are correct Botty.
Crouch and Zigic have been earmarked, and Rory Delap is considering making a comeback.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like the fact that you're privy to Pulis' transfer targets.
Or think you are.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you'll be after a striker or two, no?

Jerome and Chamakh seem to be the preferred pairing, neither of whom are prolific. Murray doesn't seem likely to succeed at Premier League level (long term injury plus he's third choice at best and he'll be 31 next season) so Pulis must be anticipating somebody coming in. You can't rely on Puncheon all season.

I wonder what Peter Crouch earns these days.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
But I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you'll be after a striker or two, no?

Jerome and Chamakh seem to be the preferred pairing, neither of whom are prolific. Murray doesn't seem likely to succeed at Premier League level (long term injury plus he's third choice at best and he'll be 31 next season) so Pulis must be anticipating somebody coming in. You can't rely on Puncheon all season.

I wonder what Peter Crouch earns these days.

Obviously but I was referring to his inference that Pulis would be after lanky strikers and thus stereotyping him as being anti-football. And as any football follower knows, well any footy fan with a modicum of football nous knows, that ain't true.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Obviously but I was referring to his inference that Pulis would be after lanky strikers and thus stereotyping him as being anti-football. And as any football follower knows, well any footy fan with a modicum of football nous knows, that ain't true.

But Palace are still a fairly direct team. Assisted by a couple of wingers, but then Pulis has always utilised wingers (Matthew Etherington springs to mind at Stoke). Pace and getting the ball forward quickly.

Seems to be working for you, there's no need to feel self conscious about it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway. I'm interested to know. Do you think Glenn Murray will be loaned out to a Championship side next season (I don't mean us, obviously)?

Casting aside your obvious affection for the man, he just doesn't look likely to succeed in the Premier League, and I'd have thought that he'd have wanted to be playing, once he's had a full pre season to train.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
But Palace are still a fairly direct team. Assisted by a couple of wingers, but then Pulis has always utilised wingers (Matthew Etherington springs to mind at Stoke). Pace and getting the ball forward quickly.

Seems to be working for you, there's no need to feel self conscious about it.

I'd say more Premier League satisfied than self conscious.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd say more Premier League satisfied than self conscious.

But it does chafe with you when people point out that Palace are a long ball side, that much is clear :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here