Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Millwall wanted him on loan earlier in season but he wasn't allowed to go. It may still be an option. Hope he gets sorted with another club soon.

And look where Millwall are, not too shabby. I hope he gets a good coach who brings out the best in him because he has got talent. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilkins brings him to Southampton as he seemed to get the good out of him. I'll probably get shot down for suggesting he go to Southampton. (Unless of course he was one of the rebellious with wilkins)
Good luck to the lad, he is a livewire & with the right team could be a star performer if he knuckles down.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Just El-Abd, Virgo and Elphick left of Wilkins' babes in that case.

Tommy Fraser - League Two
Jake Robinson - League Two
Joe Gatting - LV=County Championship Division Two
Sam Rents - Conference
John Sullivan - League One
Dean Hammond - League One
Joel Lynch - Championship
Adam Hinshelwood - League One
Dean Cox - ? ? ?

Obviously there's some more who didn't make it - but that is remarkably successful for a single group of youth players. Hats off to Deano.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
And so sparks a field day for NSC's unrealistic and overly critical masses.

He'll just add to the number of players who are released by their first club but who mature at a different club and return to a good standard. Carlisle released Glenn Murray and probably thought that was it, they were wrong. Cox will mature in a couple of years and come back to bite us. Hopefully he'll celebrate in the Hammond-style and shut a few loud mouthed people up.

All the best, Dean Cox.

Funny if he did go to Palace..sort of a Neil Smillie in reverse.:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No pace and could never get the ball past the first defender at corners. Apart from that he was decidedly average.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Obviously there's some more who didn't make it - but that is remarkably successful for a single group of youth players. Hats off to Deano.

Indeed. Being a club with a limited transfer budget, we were self sufficient for quite some time. His work for the club should not be forgotten. Shame things ended the way they did.

Where is Sullivan? I've forgotten.

On the bench at Millwall. I think Richard Martin is at Yeovil (via Man City).

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
And look where Millwall are, not too shabby. I hope he gets a good coach who brings out the best in him because he has got talent. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilkins brings him to Southampton as he seemed to get the good out of him. I'll probably get shot down for suggesting he go to Southampton. (Unless of course he was one of the rebellious with wilkins)
Good luck to the lad, he is a livewire & with the right team could be a star performer if he knuckles down.

my mate asked him at the dinner if he was off to join micky at port vale and he said no, but that he had spoken to them.he added that he would end up with wilkins. not sure if he was winding my mate up or not.

Murray's Mint

Mar 28, 2008
According to my stats, Messi is 169cm (5.53ft), Cox is 163(5.45ish). My mistake. I'm sure I remembered them saying when Barcelona played Arsenal that he was 5.4. My bad.

Messi is 169cm, which is 5.54ft, which is 5ft 6.5in.

5.54ft isn't the same as 5ft5.4in as there are 12 inches in a foot, not 10.

Dean Cox is 5ft 4in, 2.5in shorter than Messi.

Feb 14, 2010
er what has his height got to do with it? Maradonna anyone? f*** sake we really do have an element of the Micky Adams, Wally with the brolly, and Dave Bassett plonkas that think football is about "having a good engine" and "knocking it long to the big lad". Did you lot watch the last European Championships ad Barcelona take the piss out of Man U in last years Champions league final?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant
And so sparks a field day for NSC's unrealistic and overly critical masses.

He'll just add to the number of players who are released by their first club but who mature at a different club and return to a good standard. Carlisle released Glenn Murray and probably thought that was it, they were wrong. Cox will mature in a couple of years and come back to bite us. Hopefully he'll celebrate in the Hammond-style and shut a few loud mouthed people up.

All the best, Dean Cox.

Yeah ok no chance, Cox is a low league 1 side player, if he is lucky enough to find a team who take him in this league he may have 5-10 reasonable games a year and would be up for performing better against us as always occurs but why would you hope he celebrates in hammond style ? why dont you go and support the team he joins.
If you want brighton to get a goal against us your either not a real fan or one of Cox bum boys, so just follow him that is soooo sad.
We dont want supporters like you at our club, we get rid of players to improve not to keep because you fancy him as either a player or a potential lover.
Go and support Shrewsbury next season or whatever team he goes to, good riddance, but i personally dont have anything against cox, he just isnt upto it at this standard, has had loads of chances and just failed and we want to be a top side, so time to move on.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We've lost our five foot cox. Shame - on his day he was great to watch and opposition fans seemed to rate him more highly than we did. But it's a sign of our ambition thathe has been released and clear that Gus is setting the bar high for next season. It's his way or the highway.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
er what has his height got to do with it? Maradonna anyone? f*** sake we really do have an element of the Micky Adams, Wally with the brolly, and Dave Bassett plonkas that think football is about "having a good engine" and "knocking it long to the big lad". Did you lot watch the last European Championships ad Barcelona take the piss out of Man U in last years Champions league final?

Messi's teammates include Iniesta, Xavi and Bojan, who all measure 5 ft 7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here