Dean Cox

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder where we'd be if Wilkins hadn't left and the youngsters like Cox were still part of the first XI

He's had his chance to make it and hasn't taken it.

So on that basis, if he was a regular, it would be a fairly sad reflection of the standard of our team, and thus I imagine we'd be in League Two.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
No surprises there.

They say "no smoke without fire", and so i guess there's a bit of truth in the rumours that he's frequently pissed up in the broadway in HH giving it 'large' and slagging off the management.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
also, poyet more or less said that the players who have been here a while have proved they aren't good enough to get us out of this league.

el-abd is one exception, wonder if Virgo is another

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Whilst he obviously doesn't fit into Poyet's style of fast, direct wingers he still gave him a chance at the start, pretty sure he started the saints game and set up the goal etc so makes me wonder whether Poyet thought he was more trouble than he's worth.

For all people talk about him being mediocre he has been, for the last 2/3 years, pretty much been our most creative player. Granted, we haven't had any really stand out midfielders during that time but credit where credit's due for the job he has done in the past, even if he isn't producing it at the moment.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Just El-Abd, Virgo and Elphick left of Wilkins' babes in that case.

Tommy Fraser - League Two
Jake Robinson - League Two
Joe Gatting - LV=County Championship Division Two
Sam Rents - Conference
John Sullivan - League One
Dean Hammond - League One
Joel Lynch - Championship
Adam Hinshelwood - League One
Dean Cox - Port Vale/ Shrewsbury

:thumbsup, these are two desired destinations for Coxy. I think with Jake Robinson being at Shrewsbury, I think he will go there.

Bhafcman

1958-Forever
Apr 19, 2009
:cry::cry::cry: Bye bye coxy your were the first bhafc player i meet and my favourite:cry:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Virgo the next to go I'm sure. I wish you could actually bet on this.
I'm 1/1 on Elphick going, I can imagine Poyet wanting more assured players at the back next season, he's openly critised the defending many times especially after the Carlise home game where he attacked the lack of intelligence of the back 2. El-abd will be the last standing Brightonian (if peacehaven counts?) who to be fair has proved many wrong in how he fits in to a good footballing side. He really is our best-centre back and its great we'll have at least one walking out for next season.
Cox for me is a player dropping into the conference and Virgo and Elphick at best will stay in this league, this is way below par for matching Albions expectations in standard for next season.

Glad to see the back of him and looking forward to the other 2 donkeys going, hope the best for them but can't wait for the replacements.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
And so sparks a field day for NSC's unrealistic and overly critical masses.

He'll just add to the number of players who are released by their first club but who mature at a different club and return to a good standard. Carlisle released Glenn Murray and probably thought that was it, they were wrong. Cox will mature in a couple of years and come back to bite us. Hopefully he'll celebrate in the Hammond-style and shut a few loud mouthed people up.

All the best, Dean Cox.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Im going to say , Hawkins , Virgo , Carole , Forster all to be released aswell as a few reserve players , i think George Barker and Lewis Dunk will be offered Pro contracts.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think he sometimes shone in a pretty shit team and now there are a lot more decent players at the club and he hasn't really kept up so has been let go.

I feel it is a bit of a shame as I did like him but it's a little like Jeff Minton in the 90s. He often looked very decent but only when compared with the rubbish we had in our team at the time.

Good luck to him anyway

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Shame, i always liked him. Passionate and fast. But its time to move forward, and see the new batch of youngsters such as Baker and Walker.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Shame but not a great surprise. Good luck for the future, Coxy.

A few bars in the Broadway, Haywards Heath will see their profits tumble now.:(

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
And so sparks a field day for NSC's unrealistic and overly critical masses.

He'll just add to the number of players who are released by their first club but who mature at a different club and return to a good standard. Carlisle released Glenn Murray and probably thought that was it, they were wrong. Cox will mature in a couple of years and come back to bite us. Hopefully he'll celebrate in the Hammond-style and shut a few loud mouthed people up.

All the best, Dean Cox.

Do you try to be a cock or is it just natural?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports