Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Thoughts?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Firstly, I called him astonishing and complex. And I don't see complex as a negative. Definitely not hand wringing.

Secondly, you are describing his behavior. He appears, at least in public, to be pretty consistent. I was referring to the complexity behind that. What are the drivers for someone who is clearly a perfectionist? But who also had the empathy to console a crying mascot in the tunnel right before a match against Liverpool? An unusual and comped set of drivers going on there's I suspect.

I'm loving it.
I did mean to put the qualifier that I did not see you as handwringing. I just don't see any extra ordinary (I have deliberately separated the two words as extraordinary now has very inflated connotations) complexities. To use your example of the mascot, what is so strange about a perfectionist having empathy? He also did something similar at Charlton when he got a kid in a wheelchair and his grandad brought into the manager's area to watch their team win the penalty shootout against us. I just see someone who behaves as he sees fit and doesn't try to hide who he is. But I have what used to be called Aspergers and most people think I am weird because I behave in a very similar manner ;)

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I did mean to put the qualifier that I did not see you as handwringing. I just don't see any extra ordinary (I have deliberately separated the two words as extraordinary now has very inflated connotations) complexities. To use your example of the mascot, what is so strange about a perfectionist having empathy? He also did something similar at Charlton when he got a kid in a wheelchair and his grandad brought into the manager's area to watch their team win the penalty shootout against us. I just see someone who behaves as he sees fit and doesn't try to hide who he is. But I have what used to be called Aspergers and most people think I am weird because I behave in a very similar manner. Before anyone jumps at me NO I am not trying to diagnose RDZ with an ASD, I just don't think its strange to be straightforward, forward sometimes blunt.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love watching the training videos. How RDZ gets right in there and part of the training itself.

Also the final games on different colored bibs vs each other. Shows how the quick one touch game happens and is trained for. Insightful.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I did mean to put the qualifier that I did not see you as handwringing. I just don't see any extra ordinary (I have deliberately separated the two words as extraordinary now has very inflated connotations) complexities. To use your example of the mascot, what is so strange about a perfectionist having empathy? He also did something similar at Charlton when he got a kid in a wheelchair and his grandad brought into the manager's area to watch their team win the penalty shootout against us. I just see someone who behaves as he sees fit and doesn't try to hide who he is. But I have what used to be called Aspergers and most people think I am weird because I behave in a very similar manner ;)
There is some quite interesting thinking about the three types of perfectionism. But in some cases, a lack of empathy or external awareness can be an issue. But I take your point - he may just be someone very well connected to his own feelings. Which is rare, if not complex.

(and point beautifully made about extra ordinary!)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Press conference seems later than normal today and believe it’s Manager of the a month announcement day (March missed out to Rashford for POTM) - coincidence, no?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Press conference seems later than normal today and believe it’s Manager of the a month announcement day (March missed out to Rashford for POTM) - coincidence, no?

Rashfords bound to get it after that disgusting not offside goal decision against Citeh. Got to justify their own awful VAR decisions somehow. Just like giving penalties after the FT whistle has gone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1:30 today...

Please find below details of our manager's press conference:​
DATE: Friday 3rd February​
TIME: 1.30pm​
VENUE: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre​
SUBJECT: Roberto De Zerbi​

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Not sure what to make of this, seemed to try and answer the questions around the transfer market as politically as possible but came across annoyed. "...In the right moment, I will speak with Tony and give him my opinion about the transfer market and about the future"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure what to make of this, seemed to try and answer the questions around the transfer market as politically as possible but came across annoyed. "...In the right moment, I will speak with Tony and give him my opinion about the transfer market and about the future"
I'lll be honest - that sounds like a death threat.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is not a game RDZ will win.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant interview on the site ( as above).

bottom line is Moises was horrendously advised, had his head turned by leeches who had never had to come up against bloom.

I personally will not be boooooing him …..he is loved and pivotal to our season moving forward.

Trossard on the other hand…..boooooooooooooo

ps. I love DE ZERBI.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I try and avoid getting paranoid about what people may have meant. Of course Tony is the ultimate decision maker but he will be delighted with how the team are playing and will be aware that RDZ will have a take on what is needed to keep progressing - I’m sure he would want to support RDZ

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As per today's press conference, he is "lucky" and "honoured" to be coaching this squad and it is "not important" that we didn't add any more during the transfer window. He likes the 2 new players a lot and the Argie wonderkid will probably get some minutes tomorrow as he can play Solly's position as, interestingly, can Lamptey who will start tomorrow at right back.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Nah... it's all good 👍👍

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If people boo Moises on Saturday we might as well throw our European chances in the bin at that point.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
This is something I have been pondering for a while, how will Tony take to someone who speaks his mind directly and somewhat forcefully. I suspect that provided he is worthy of respect Tony will take notice and listen, and it's fairly clear RDZ is worthy of respect. We should have the funds available for a couple of new squad players but the next issue is finding what we need, maybe RDZ already has some players in mind. As I have said a few times in this thread I really like RDZ's openness, it's really refreshing to hear opinions and thoughts without having to decipher their actual meaning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here