Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Thoughts?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No way can we make judgement until 10ish games. Maybe a language issue but saying result unfair and we were better side for 70mins misses the point that although having possession, passing was poor and rarely looked like scoring. Chasing the game crying out for somebody to play close to Welbeck yet leaves it to 85 plus minutes to bring 2 subs on. Thought only time it was left this late was to waste time when defending a lead.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I like the increased emphasis on attacking through the middle - its great to watch but does result in losing possession if the passes aren't crisp enough. The attack with 3 successive back-heels so nearly came off. In my book, its a price worth paying.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yeah didn’t work though. Just seems to invite extra pressure and one mistake we are a goal down unnecessary IMO. One or two passes get the ball up the pitch even Potter ditched this to an extent.

As I said, moaners...

But that's how he plays. We didn't make a mistake tho, their goal didn't come from losing the ball at the back fanny about.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
When faced with a team that plays in that way then to break them down you need to mix it up, not play the same way over and over.

I like him, think it will be fine. Only small criticism of yesterday is I thought he left the subs too late. Lallana changed the game as Gross was having a 2021 performance, he should have come on 10 mins earlier.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As I said, moaners...

But that's how he plays. We didn't make a mistake tho, their goal didn't come from losing the ball at the back fanny about.

So Sanchez booting the ball into touch when he panicked from pressure of our own doing wasn't a mistake? I get the idea but with Webster who has a habit of passing to the opposition under no pressure is a worry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The voice of hindsight.
Bring back Graham Potter.

Looks like he has found a budget to match his ambitions, expect Chelsea to be the media darlings in the not too distant future.

DeZerbi is going to take a while to change things to his style, I think we are going to have to suck up the comparisons with Potter in his last 6 months whilst forgetting the frustrations of the previous two years.

Some fans will have the same amount of patience

Who is going to take on the DeZerbi In/Out polls? :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So Sanchez booting the ball into touch when he panicked from pressure of our own doing wasn't a mistake? I get the idea but with Webster who has a habit of passing to the opposition under no pressure is a worry.

Sanchez has been booting the ball into touch from day one

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like he has found a budget to match his ambitions, expect Chelsea to be the media darlings in the not too distant future.

DeZerbi is going to take a while to change things to his style, I think we are going to have to suck up the comparisons with Potter in his last 6 months whilst forgetting the frustrations of the previous two years.

Some fans will have the same amount of patience

Who is going to take on the DeZerbi In/Out polls? :wink:

Depends on the results... if/when things go well people will only remember the results from the first two GP years, if/when things go bad people will only remember the results from last season. But yeah will definitely be a lot of comparisons in general... which isn't weird.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Do you mean the time Son was bearing down on him? If so, I don't think he panicked but took the best option to boot it into row Z. If he'd tried to bring the ball down and play it out, imagine the bed wetting on here: :moo:

It's his first home game FFS, give him and them some slack.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you mean the time Son was bearing down on him? If so, I don't think he panicked but took the best option to boot it into row Z. If he'd tried to bring the ball down and play it out, imagine the bed wetting on here: :moo:

It's his first home game FFS, give him and them some slack.

In fairness he whinges whoever the manager is :lolol:

As I said before Sanchez achilles heel is his long clearances, mostly rubbish, always have been. His short passing, ball control and coolness is pretty good for a goal keeper normally. Unlike Pickford who is a hoof merchant.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I watched from near the Spurs fans in the lower west and it seemed there were so many chances to shoot but we didn’t and looked for that little Killer ball….

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure I can recall a manager saying 'it's not fair' before, but they probably have.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I see that guy we had as manager has slotted in nicely to Chelsea and Lo and behold, he has strikers who can score….and they therefore win games.

Who would have thought?

If only we had thought of that.

zerbi out, Dyche in

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In fairness he whinges whoever the manager is :lolol:

As I said before Sanchez achilles heel is his long clearances, mostly rubbish, always have been. His short passing, ball control and coolness is pretty good for a goal keeper normally. Unlike Pickford who is a hoof merchant.

His long passing is excellent. All those absurdly good passes to Cucurella and Burn. Sure, not success every time but more often than not.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
His long passing is excellent. All those absurdly good passes to Cucurella and Burn. Sure, not success every time but more often than not.

So I imagined all those balls kicked straight into touch?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here