Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] David Walliams

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I assume it has nothing to do with this from pop*tch

Fleet Street has been abuzz this afternoon with chat that one of the weekend papers is braced to drop an explosive story we hear will open up a whole new front on #MeToo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Careful naming anyone people.

Just as I am naming the utter #### who recently appeared on a prime UK show on the back of his fame in the 90s.

Always turned up hammered to the studio in worked in after spending the lunch in the pub. Always walking into reception with a beer in his hand, he was already on the way down then. Actually felt sorry for him because he was moved from young person adored terrestrial channel A-lister to little watched satellite channel gig in a few years,

Used to stand in the single doorway refusing to allow to runners like me to leave until he had finished his phone calls, often lasting an hour.

When he had finished he would theatrically move to one side and wave his hand to allow us to pass.

I'm so glad his career never resulted in the promise it once had. That said I get annoyed with his modern "working class" persona of standing up for the "little man" on social media.

Couldn't give a #### when had actually had a "career".

TWAT

If I ever get the chance to meet him again, I'm simply tell him. My wife has similar stories working in VIP areas of clubs in the 90s. I'm particular challenged about a particular "hero" of mine who was a well known completely wanker past. She experienced it and simply can't watch him.
Well I always rather liked Christopher Biggins.

Safari - SAGOODY!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From the synopsis, idk if this is going to be the cancellation some are expecting. Prostitutes, drugs and cheating potentially going back decades probably isn't going to do it. Not a great look, obviously, but it'll need more than that for some of the big names to really feel it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Fleet Street has been abuzz this afternoon with chat that one of the weekend papers is braced to drop an explosive story we hear will open up a whole new front on #MeToo
Fleet Street? Fleet Street? Is it 1970, with hordes of grizzled journos gathering to down lunchtime pints of Watneys while the typesetters’ Union debates whether to work on that evening’s paper or walk out, given the lack of cheese and onion sandwiches in the workers canteen that day?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
But as Brand‘s anti establishment bandwagon gathers momentum on social media, could this be the ultimate smear campaign?
Maybe. Or maybe the bloke is just the utter tool that most of us think he is. I know which one my money is on. Covid denying, Joey Barton clone using big words to cover up his arsehattery.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Speculation that thr same story is also being covered by C4 Dispatches at 9pm tonight, the subject of which is being kept under wraps for now

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Scuttlebutt is the story goes live on The Times website this afternoon.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Maybe. Or maybe the bloke is just the utter tool that most of us think he is. I know which one my money is on. Covid denying, Joey Barton clone using big words to cover up his arsehattery.
Verbose self aggrandising pr1ck and another tiresome conspiracy pedlar, who, as is their want, rather than come up with sound evidence based points to back up their stance, instead use sm platforms to show us mere mortals what incredible big brain, free thinking geniuses they really are. A childhood starved of attention I’d imagine..see also Trump, Musk et al.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
When he first started out, I went to see one of his early gigs and he was very funny. At the end of the gig he also, relevant to the likely allegations, gave explicit instructions for where any attractive females should go if they wanted to ‘meet’ him. Success definitely went to his head, and he’s morphed into a bit of pr*ck imho, but he WAS very funny once (and there was no shortage of female takers of his offer, from what I saw on the way out).

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Russell Brand going full-on Trump with the defence. My guess, on past evidence, is that about 52% of the country will buy into it.
Replies across all platforms are being very carefully and, I must say, skilfully stage managed 24/7 since the announcement/Brand’s video. It’s an interesting experiment to sort my “new” comments and see how long anything critical remains live. Most “new” messages are gone within 30 seconds, and replies to existing long thread chains within a minute or two.

There’s literally a team of crisis management PR company employees manually been doing this since the video dropped late yesterday afternoon.

Did see one very funny Tweet (paraphrased):

“Delighted to be starting work as Russell Brand’s new PR advisor; and looking forward to a nice easy weekend of bedding into the job and learning the ropes. Going to take a break now and check my Twitter fe-oh dear God no!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fully preparing to follow this based on limited evidence and people's opinions of what some people are like based on their public persona.

Social media trial is pending (and let's not pretend we are anything else here on NSC).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hugh Edwards, Russell Brand and DJ still to come out. What a shock for this national treasure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here