Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale/Football Focus

Feb 14, 2010
On the Sunday the Shoreham Air crash was the lead story here in Sydney and the rest of Australia on every TV and Radio news bulletin the entire day and updates on the story continued for the rest of the week.

Mainly a Sussex news story..., I'd think again.

Read what I said. Is it still big news in Sydney? I'm a few miles up the road in London and nobody has mentioned it in the last few weeks at my work. That's why it wasnt on my radar. It's sad for the families, and I get the Albion connection because one of the guys worked at the club and also I see a couple of them went to school with a player. But read what I have said. Maybe the whole Diana type "national outpouring of grief" and flowers by a disaster site is for you, but its not me. As for minutes silence, then I can see why the club would have one in this instance given the groundsman died, but how many have there been already at the Amex? I was at the Goldstone for the Hillsborough silence, but it was exceptional - and it was a silence. Certainly not every season. Society has changed. Personally I cant stand a minutes applause, which is a sop to those who cant behave themselves and I wish the press would stop being so sensational. Let the families be and have some under stated dignity, as we all do when someone we know, whether parent, child or someone else we know dies.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Read what I said. Is it still big news in Sydney? I'm a few miles up the road in London and nobody has mentioned it in the last few weeks at my work. That's why it wasnt on my radar. It's sad for the families, and I get the Albion connection because one of the guys worked at the club and also I see a couple of them went to school with a player. But read what I have said. Maybe the whole Diana type "national outpouring of grief" and flowers by a disaster site is for you, but its not me. As for minutes silence, then I can see why the club would have one in this instance given the groundsman died, but how many have there been already at the Amex? I was at the Goldstone for the Hillsborough silence, but it was exceptional - and it was a silence. Certainly not every season. Society has changed. Personally I cant stand a minutes applause, which is a sop to those who cant behave themselves and I wish the press would stop being so sensational. Let the families be and have some under stated dignity, as we all do when someone we know, whether parent, child or someone else we know dies.

For a week after the event it was probably the first story on the national news. Of course other events will eventually take precedent and the media circus moves on but to for you to suggest it was not a national incident just because a few mates at work haven't discussed it for a couple of weeks is pathetic. You're supposed to be an Albion fan so strange that it wasn't on your 'radar' when only last week at the Hull game the club gave a tribute to the victims. You seem to live in a bubble!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

The point is the community reaction to this tragedy is nothing like the hysteria surrounding Diana. It has been dignified with a real sense of sadness. As you say the type of displays you have seen are not for you - which is fair enough - but please don't link what has happened and the reaction of the community to the Diana factor .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Have you tried BBC I Player?

I wouldnt for 1 minute wish to appear disrespectful but wonder if it is not time to put this to bed and move on. I am sure the families of all the 11 would want that.

Its not available on iPlayer . Football Focus is not part of the iPlayer rights agreements with the Football League/Premier League.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ok I didnt realise that.I assumed that all BBC programs was on I player.

Most programmes are but the rights for football and some commercial film studios sometimes fall out of the 30 day availability thats normal for everything else.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Ahhh I wondered what had happened to Clem, used to love his cameos on the old Beeb Football League Show. I know we all used to moan about Steve Claridge, but how I'd love to see him back now. Compared to Channel 5's offering that was such a good show.

I find the show generally ok. Well, apart from Adam Virgo's punditry. Loved him in blue and white but the punditry is lacking.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For those that missed it ..its now on the bbc website under the club.. see link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34323038

:thumbsup:

I missed it so just caught up via that link. If you have a player account you can also access it via that and there is a link to the player content on the club's Twitter feed. Stockdale comes over as a remarkable man, no wonder Fulham were gutted to lost him.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
:thumbsup:

I missed it so just caught up via that link. If you have a player account you can also access it via that and there is a link to the player content on the club's Twitter feed. Stockdale comes over as a remarkable man, no wonder Fulham were gutted to lost him.

This.

What a beautifully moving piece from the BBC.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just got round to seeing this. Must be a windy out cos I just got something in my eye...

To be a Brighton fan is to win first prize in the lottery of football life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here