Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rodriguez, here we go again

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He looked another striker that would play well in a pair but as per usual we played him wide as we only ever play one upfront. Most successful teams at this level play with two strikers so I cannot understand why we never try it.
Wolves have three

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
That league is more legue 2 standard. Cms scored 30 goals in one seaso in a lower leugue. Looked different in the Championship.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Besides, I would never expect us to be competing for fringe top La Liga side players (although I think Bruno, Calde and David Lopez were seen as quite striking signings by Gus at the time).

Bruno was certainly a big signing, he'd was in Valencia's Champions League squad (made the bench but never got on) the season immediately before joining us and played in a few games as they made the Europa League semi finals, including a man of the match performance at Stoke in the first knock-out round, I seem to remember Stoke fans raving about him and a few posting on here when we signed him. If we signed a player who was able to tick either of those boxes this summer I'd be very very happy.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The operative words being "Spanish Second Tier " !!
Equivalent to about Ryman Premier/South, poor record at that level even.
He was shite, no where near Championship level.

Didn't you write the same about the French Ligue 2 the other day? Does every European second tier equate to the Ryman Premier/South?

I think you're talking nonsense.

Christ knows what you'd think of the Austrian Erste Liga...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Didn't you write the same about the French Ligue 2 the other day? Does every European second tier equate to the Ryman Premier/South?

I think you're talking nonsense.

Christ knows what you'd think of the Austrian Erste Liga...

They ARE shite compared to the English Championship !
And my comparison with the Ryman is about right.
They are not much better than the Scots 2nd and 3rd Division, county level football almost. Been there seen it, watched it dreadful.
We got very very lucky with Ulloa, very lucky.
Do you honestly think we should be looking in the lowest divisions of France and Spain for quality players good enough to use in the Championship ?
We have been there and done that and it hasn't worked, has it ?
I think its you talking nonsense ha ha ha !!!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
They are not much better than the Scots 2nd and 3rd Division, county level football almost. Been there seen it, watched it dreadful.
Do you honestly think we should be looking in the lowest divisions of France and Spain for quality players good enough to use in the Championship ?

Yeah!!!!! But didn't we!!!! find Ulloa!!!! ahahaa! in the 2nd!!!!! division of Spain?!

Exclamation mark!Exclamation mark!Exclamation mark!Exclamation mark!Exclamation mark!
EDIT!!!!!!! I FORGOT !!!! TO MENTION!!!! CALDERON!!!!!!!

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

There are a lot of big clubs, bigger than Brighton is (and, sadly, probably ever will be) in the second divisions in Germany, France, Spain etc. To say the standard is Ryman level is laughable.

Mahrez (Le Havre) and Knockaert (Guingamp) at Leicester
Kondogbia (Lens) at Monaco, owned Arsenal in midfield this season
Varane (Lens) at Real Madrid, one of the best young central defenders in Europe
Schneiderlin (Strasbourg)

All of these players were signed from Ligue 2 with no top-flight experience.

I could go on...

With the right scouting there are real bargains to be had!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Silly billy.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Against who?

Like I said, Ulloa has scored against Real Madrid in the top flight of spanish football. Hardly an unknown signing from the depths of Spanish football.

Just saying...

Does it matter that it was against Real Madrid? Occasionally, players score goals. That actually happens to be apart of football. Incredible, isn't it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He was on the field for us for a total of 534mins, the equivalent of just under 6 full matches. It's not really fair to write him off based on so little game time. With more time, in the right position we may have got more out of him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was on the field for us for a total of 534mins, the equivalent of just under 6 full matches. It's not really fair to write him off based on so little game time. With more time, in the right position we may have got more out of him.

Agree, he was written off on here after a couple of games, but that was quite generous compared to Obika's 10 minute trial by jury.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm in the minority and thought he did have a good touch and bit of class., in fact I thought he was the only player that Tshearer linked well with during attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here