Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Moyes sacked

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's a great, intelligent manager and a nice guy; it also seems like he's generally conducted himself with a lot of class under highly trying circumstances. He'll do fine somewhere else. Wonder who they'll get in? Klopp?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Poor move by MU if true (as appears to be a strong possibility). He inherited a squad that was partly too old and past their best and partly just not good enough. Yes, somehow Fergie coached, cajoled and no doubt bullied them to the title last year, but it was obvious to everyone that this what not a real MU team and would require rebuilding.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do hope he is not sacked soon , I'm enjoying what he is doing too much.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Man U only need to look down the road at Anfield to see how to treat a manager. Rodgers could've easily been sacked in the first season but they stuck by him. If the Mancs don't do the same with Moyes, they've got no hope.

As soon as this high and mighty Premier league bubble bursts the better. Fed up with all the pressure to do whatever sky want etc and the stupid money in the league as well as the pants wetting over the "big 4" where no one else seems to matter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If true this will be a calamity for 98% of football fans.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Stupid decision if so, how long did Fergie get to have any success? I guess the fans and media (plus the decrease in revenue) don't allow for that sort of patience anymore.

This, I remember Fergie hanging on by his fingernails in the early days. United had a history of sackings and failure between Sir Matt Busby and him.

I'd be disappointed and surprised if they get rid of Moyes, unless there's stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about (of course, there will be loads).

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Welbeck and his representatives haven't helped Moyes' cause with that press release yesterday. A w@nky thing to do. 'I'm not in the team, boo hoo!'.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
All the tweets from journos working for the national dailies seem to suggest he is on the way out. Normally confirmation on breaking news on NSC is via [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] when he posts you know it is accurate.

I'm away. Sorry.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Need to replay that Ferggie speech, telling the fans to stick by the manager.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
M.Utd falling into the win or bust mentatlity, you know its bad when this happens. ( that's if it is true of course )

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to in the know Manc media, this is true, but may happen in the next few weeks.

Ignoring the advice of new club director and mate of Moyes, Taggart.

I suspect they will pip Spuds to one of the latest flavour of the month managers, Van Gaal, De Boer or Pochettino. The attacking play of Brendan Rodgers LFC has been revelation, and perhaps we will seem similar adventurous football at other clubs.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If true this will be a calamity for 98% of football fans.

I think that is almost right. At least for 98% of sky sports, armchair supporting followers who have never been to a football match let alone anywhere near Old Trafford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here