Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lopez - real hatred from an Albion fan

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't dislike footballers who just aren't good enough but when they chicken out of every challenge then that annoys me, it has nothing to do with talent, just pure gutlessness.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If this team wants to progress, then we should not be starting with players such as David or Andrews. They are average lower championship players, we are a club looking to reach the PL in the next couple of years. If fans are happy to watch players like them every week then fine, just dont expect us to progress with any speed.

We need better players who put in a performance week in week out, not once a month ( if we are lucky )

Stumpy Tim

He 's played in the wrong position, he's not a right winger but a midfield playmaker, why on earth is he not played in the centre of midfield. Who is running our midfield, not sure where that's being driven from at the moment.

100% agree. Not sure why Orlandi plays in that central midfield role, but Lopez isn't. Today seemed an ideal opportunity to try it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup stick him in the middle for the slightly ineffective JFC, or drop him for March/Buckley/Kaz. Frustrating because once again he provided the assist.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
even the commentators were saying he pulls out of tackles which really is not on especially as the one who said it(who is on every week) can't even get the score right
he wears blue and white, I have not seen him play in the flesh(as I can't get to games) if he is not up to the job at the moment then it is up to the management to say this to him ..............not some knob or me or anyone else for that matter.
but I have seen his free kicks on player and they are ace and the management obviously think he is worth leaving on for that alone

You don't go but you defend him because you have seen his free kicks on player, ok. I have every right on here, at the ground or wherever to say he is a bottler and not worth his place.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Poor season, poor game today EXCEPT for that sumptuous cross field pass in the first half to Lingard. The ball must have travelled 50 yards and it was absolutely faultless. No one else in our squad can do that as well as him which is, I imagine, the reason the manager sticks with him.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He 's played in the wrong position, he's not a right winger but a midfield playmaker, why on earth is he not played in the centre of midfield. Who is running our midfield, not sure where that's being driven from at the moment.

He could break the world record for jumping out of tackles if he played centre mid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Links well with Bruno but as the guy I went with today said, don't expect any crunching tackles from him. There were quite a few players out there today who had worse games IMO.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He had quite a few instances where you could tell he was petrified of the thought of a physical challenge to his person.

However that one in midfield capped it all. To turn a 70-30 ball into lost possession with no tackle "Just in case I get hurt" means he really shouldn't be putting his boots on. How the management is picking him after his season is beyond me. First of all I thought they were persevering with him until he came good now I'm wondering whether they are clueless.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
and he'd probably complete many more assists.

Would be lovely........as would world peace, an end to all famine and maybe Robbie Savage even making sense.
If you play centre mid you have to be a lot tougher than our David is.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We all moan and groan at our own at times, that's football. Bit I just can't ever imagine calling one of our players a King Canute?! But then pre game on the north stand concourse watching Arsenal game, there was a guy getting so animated swearing etc (in Albion clothing) that I do wonder if some fans have got real issues. How can you get that angry when it's not even your team?!!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
All this 'get stuck in' nonsense reminds me of when we had Paul Brooker in the team. People spent 2 seasons slagging him off for not making challenges and when he finally did he got sent off at Selhurst.

I'm much more a fan of standing players up and forcing them to lose possession.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
All this 'get stuck in' nonsense reminds me of when we had Paul Brooker in the team. People spent 2 seasons slagging him off for not making challenges and when he finally did he got sent off at Selhurst.

I'm much more a fan of standing players up and forcing them to lose possession.

Apologies JR but IMHO the 'after you, Claude' approach is not working. an OG and zip all chances on target at home is not what I would hope and expect from my team in all honesty. Need to step it up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Am I the only one that has got the point of the thread? There were a million and one things to get more angry about today than Spanish Dave.

The ref. Both linesman. Adkins. Drenthe. Longish queues at the concourse at the end of which you got dry pie or dog burger. The fact we're still selling this season's kit. Gordon Greer. The kids who screamed in to the mic at half time. Heart FMs playlist (lite) on the PA at half time again.

Ok nine more things to get more angry about.

Yes he bottles tackles but that's not his job. He sets up and scores goals. When you only get one per game that's quite valuable. Plus WE DO NOT PLAY CONVENTIONAL WINGERS.

*rends garment*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here