Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dave Courtney

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I met him at a charity event in the City of London in aid of some alms houses in South East London, in about 2016/2017. I didn’t have any idea who he was at the time, but he seemed to be someone who genuinely cared about the welfare of people who lived around him.

I know very little about his history to be honest, but on the one interaction I had with him, he seemed a decent bloke.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Frankie Fraser called him a grass, which is as bad as it gets in his world, it was only because of gangsters further up the food chain that supported him that nothing happened to him.

And anyway this Frankie Fraser during WW2 when my grandads were fighting in Europe and putting fires out in London was burgling houses of the traumatised population and once said that he could never forgive Hitler for surrendering.
Was he mad? ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I met him at a charity event in the City of London in aid of some alms houses in South East London, in about 2016/2017. I didn’t have any idea who he was at the time, but he seemed to be someone who genuinely cared about the welfare of people who lived around him.

I know very little about his history to be honest, but on the one interaction I had with him, he seemed a decent bloke.
Decent bloke

Courtney often focuses on his links with gangsters such as Reggie Kray[8] and Lenny McLean,[9] although he was nine years old when Kray was imprisoned. Courtney has claimed to have been shot, stabbed, had his nose bitten off, and stated that he has had to kill to stay alive.[10] He makes the claim that his involvement in a car crash on the M20 was an attempt by "someone who had a grudge against him" to kill him.[11]

Courtney often referred to himself as Dave Courtney OBE, the suffix standing for One Big Ego. His house in Plumstead, called Camelot Castle, was decorated with union flags and the cross of St George, a painted depiction of himself as a knight and a large knuckle duster.[12]

Courtney claimed to have been involved in debt-collecting, minding clubs,[13] assault, contraband, and murder.[14] He also claims he has spent time in Belmarsh Prison as a high security prisoner,[15] which has been backed up by ex-prison guard Jim Dawkins in his book The Loose Screw.[16]

In his book F**k the Ride, Courtney claims to have been found not guilty in 19 separate trials.

On 22 October 2023, Courtney died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his home in Plumstead. He was 64.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Agree completely about the tragedy of current suicide figures Lenny, but if an individual is going to take out their issues in extreme violence to other sections of society and then hugely exaggerate and boast about what they have done to try to cover their own inadequacies, they won't get a lot of sympathy from me. Sorry :shrug:
And that will be echoed by 90% of the responses on this thread. Sorry Ian but despite the fine sentiment about suicide rates you've misread the room badly. Sorry

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Frankie Fraser called him a grass, which is as bad as it gets in his world, it was only because of gangsters further up the food chain that supported him that nothing happened to him.

And anyway this Frankie Fraser during WW2 when my grandads were fighting in Europe and putting fires out in London was burgling houses of the traumatised population and once said that he could never forgive Hitler for surrendering.
Frankie Fraser was a low life as you say, he got his reputation only through inflicting barbaric cruelty on folks after they had already been tortured or were still tied up, muppet of a man.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Decent bloke

Courtney often focuses on his links with gangsters such as Reggie Kray[8] and Lenny McLean,[9] although he was nine years old when Kray was imprisoned. Courtney has claimed to have been shot, stabbed, had his nose bitten off, and stated that he has had to kill to stay alive.[10] He makes the claim that his involvement in a car crash on the M20 was an attempt by "someone who had a grudge against him" to kill him.[11]

Courtney often referred to himself as Dave Courtney OBE, the suffix standing for One Big Ego. His house in Plumstead, called Camelot Castle, was decorated with union flags and the cross of St George, a painted depiction of himself as a knight and a large knuckle duster.[12]

Courtney claimed to have been involved in debt-collecting, minding clubs,[13] assault, contraband, and murder.[14] He also claims he has spent time in Belmarsh Prison as a high security prisoner,[15] which has been backed up by ex-prison guard Jim Dawkins in his book The Loose Screw.[16]

In his book F**k the Ride, Courtney claims to have been found not guilty in 19 separate trials.

On 22 October 2023, Courtney died by a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his home in Plumstead. He was 64.
As I say, I knew nothing about him when I met him (I don’t think I’d even heard of him before). I forget how was even introduced at the event and I didn’t really research him too much after.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As I say, I knew nothing about him when I met him (I don’t think I’d even heard of him before). I forget how was even introduced at the event and I didn’t really research him too much after.
So basically you took him as you found him, like 99% of all meetings, no need to explain yourself.
evil people have redeeming qualities, good people have evil streaks.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
And that will be echoed by 90% of the responses on this thread. Sorry Ian but despite the fine sentiment about suicide rates you've misread the room badly. Sorry
Hands up, guilty as charged (ironic) apologies for offending anyone, unfortunately my judgement was clouded by the suicide aspect, which is very personal to me.

Where’s a moderator when you need one for a quick thread deletion?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hands up, guilty as charged (ironic) apologies for offending anyone, unfortunately my judgement was clouded by the suicide aspect, which is very personal to me.

Where’s a moderator when you need one for a quick thread deletion?
Don’t worry about it Lenny, I’m sure nobody is actually offended, this thread will probably be on page 4 of the BB tomorrow. Some people seem to be happy permanently arguing about politics on NSC but you get slated about starting this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here