Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dave Courtney

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It appears that the celebrity gangster has sadly taken his own life.

Obviously not everybody’s cup of tea but another sad statistic of the Mental Health epidemic in this country. 😞

There’s a touch of marmite about all of us, but I’ve met him a couple of times and he certainly was a character, I’m just shocked his life has ended in these circumstances.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Character for sure…….plus a convicted (violent, high security prisoner) criminal, gangster, bankrupt and from reading one of his books (can’t remember what it was called) took great delight in ‘giving him a right clump’ with a knuckleduster. Salt of the earth, loved his old mum etc etc of course. Some quite conflicting stuff on SM about what’s happened.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Character for sure…….plus a convicted (violent, high security prisoner) criminal, gangster, bankrupt and from reading one of his books (can’t remember what it was called) took great delight in ‘giving him a right clump’ with a knuckleduster. Salt of the earth, loved his old mum etc etc of course. Some quite conflicting stuff on SM about what’s happened.
Pretty much echo my thoughts. A tragedy and sad for his family of course but I've never been a fan of 'personality' wrong'uns who've made a living from their criminality. This guy marketed himself on being a 'Kray Associate.' Which is kinda strange as he would have been about nine yrs old when they were locked up.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It appears that the celebrity gangster has sadly taken his own life.

Obviously not everybody’s cup of tea but another sad statistic of the Mental Health epidemic in this country. 😞

There’s a touch of marmite about all of us, but I’ve met him a couple of times and he certainly was a character, I’m just shocked his life has ended in these circumstances.
For a second I thought this was about Brighton’s David Courtney (Record Producer)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Never liked the way he belittled Frankie Fraser.
Always came across as so self indulgent.
He was just a wanna-be
I'm not sure Frankie Fraser is someone who should be held in particularly high esteem.

I"ve no idea what he said but I suppose this will enlighten me.....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Respect your wide ranging opinions Gents, I was focusing more on the fact that despite his brash, extrovert exterior he’s been in the darkest place of all, and ended up taking his own life.

The latest post covid UK suicide figures revealed that 5,583 people took their own lives in 2021, that‘s nearly 16 people for every day of the year.

One is too many let alone 16.😞

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Respect your wide ranging opinions Gents, I was focusing more on the fact that despite his brash, extrovert exterior he’s been in the darkest place of all, and ended up taking his own life.

The latest post covid UK suicide figures revealed that 5,583 people took their own lives in 2021, that‘s nearly 16 people for every day of the year.

One is too many let alone 16.😞

Agree completely about the tragedy of current suicide figures Lenny, but if an individual is going to take out their issues in extreme violence to other sections of society and then hugely exaggerate and boast about what they have done to try to cover their own inadequacies, they won't get a lot of sympathy from me. Sorry :shrug:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Never liked the way he belittled Frankie Fraser.
Always came across as so self indulgent.
He was just a wanna-be
Frankie Fraser called him a grass, which is as bad as it gets in his world, it was only because of gangsters further up the food chain that supported him that nothing happened to him.

And anyway this Frankie Fraser during WW2 when my grandads were fighting in Europe and putting fires out in London was burgling houses of the traumatised population and once said that he could never forgive Hitler for surrendering.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Genuinely pretty sad to hear this. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea but the majority of it was an act (including a lot of the content in his books) I watched an interview with him recently where he opened up about his step son being murdered and was very emotional about it all and showed his real side. A character for sure. RIP

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here