Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We wanted him for 10 million and I can’t understand why they haven’t accepted our bid yet?

Like, what are they trying to achieve? I don’t get it?

Who do they think they are? He plainly wants to come here to become a better player and now they want £500,000,000 for him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Who do they think they are? He plainly wants to come here to become a better player and now they want £500,000,000 for him.

Considering they’re strapped for cash, it doesn’t surprise me.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Considering they’re strapped for cash, it doesn’t surprise me.

If they are strapped for cash, we will get him for a better price... are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We wanted him for 10 million and I can’t understand why they haven’t accepted our bid yet?

Like, what are they trying to achieve? I don’t get it?

I don’t know why they’re being so greedy? Their valuation is completely out of order. The lad wants to come here. They shouldn’t hold him hostage.

£10m should be enough to do the deal. He’s Brighton through and through.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Some one suggested Maxi Lopez on a separate post a few days ago I’m warming to that if I’m honest

Are you serious? maybe 15 years ago, he's turning 37, he hasn't been at the top level for more than 6 years, lots of loans....well past it.

Rodrigo in Valencia (the Brazilian) is the one who is available this window and Barcelona were interested before all the current turmoil and management change. even he's a bit older at 29, but added bonus that Leeds would like to sign him.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The player's agent has suggested in an interview today that Benfica Is the most likely destination for Darwin, while also mentioning the interest of Wolfsburg and Leipzig.

The player is currently on holiday in Ibiza.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The player's agent has suggested in an interview today that Benfica Is the most likely destination for Darwin, while also mentioning the interest of Wolfsburg and Leipzig.

Hmm. Not easy getting a decent striker is it. I hope we’re chatting up the 6 and 7 out of tens as well as flirting with the 8 and 9s otherwise we could end up going home alone

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Funny as just read article saying Benfica will struggle with fee....loads of bluster and BS around signings....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Hope not given their COVID figures released today

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Hmm. Not easy getting a decent striker is it. I hope we’re chatting up the 6 and 7 out of tens as well as flirting with the 8 and 9s otherwise we could end up going home alone

My experience suggests that when going home alone in these circumstances, it's quite possible to make the best out of a bad situation and you later realise it was probably for the best

The analogy applies here ... ah, sort of

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Funny as just read article saying Benfica will struggle with fee....loads of bluster and BS around signings....

One way I reckon COVID will affect transfers, is that selling clubs are more likely to insist on money up front ... the thinking being, there's so much unpredictability that you never know if a buying club will have the money it thinks it will in 12 months time.

This works to our advantage. PL credit is probably in a better place than it is for other leagues

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

They brought in about 160 mill last summer from Joao Felix and Jiminez, then 20 more for a striker this summer. 20 odd million for Núñez should be within reach.

Wage-wise PL and Bundesliga clubs might gazump them but the agent claims money won't be the key factor. Ordinarily, that'd sound like bollocks but it would make sense if they already have eyes on his next move. A good season at Benfica could set him up for a seriously big move. For a kid from Uruguay, it might be an easier transition to head to Portugal than to Germany or England, both on the pitch and off it.

Having said that, talking up Benfica might just be the agent trying to draw in other clubs and raise the fee. Who knows.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

You are Ian Holloway and I claim my ten pounds...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here