Darren Gough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Come to Sussex, Dazza, you know it makes sense.

Gough, Akram, Kirtley, Lewry, Martin Jenkins and Mushy?

:jester:

From the BBC website:

England fast bowler Darren Gough has decided to leave Yorkshire to pursue a career at another county closer to his home in south-east England.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
How Milton Keynes is the south east I'll never know.....

From CricInfo:

Warwickshire have emerged as the favourites to sign Darren Gough following yesterday's announcement that he is leaving Yorkshire.

One of the main reasons for leaving cited by Gough was a desire to do less commuting from his home in Milton Keynes. The journey to Edgbaston is fairly short, and it seems that he has been chatting to Warwickshire officials since he first told Yorkshire he was moving on back in November.

"Are we interested in signing him? Categorically, yes," Nick Knight, Warwickshire's captain, said. "He fits the bill for us perfectly. We've a young, inexperienced attack and he is a natural leader. He's got the leadership and experience we need. He might not be able to bowl 95 mph all day, but he's older and shrewder, and no one can question his motivation and desire to win things."

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think we are fine for bowlers...

Mushy
Kirtley
Lewry
Akram
Martin-Jenkins
Davis
Innes
Voros
Wright
Yardy
Hopkinson

I'd suggest we make a batting signing or two...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
maybe if it was before he got injured then yeah I'd have him with open arms! but not now, past it, not at his best, maybe just have him in the south seats area with us on the :drink: :D

Seagull over NZ said:
I too was there at the MCG - don't remember him doing that but he got the last 2 wickets after Dean Headley bowled a mammoth spell.

More memorable for me was the hat-trick he got at the SCG a week or so later - truly 3 of the best balls bowled, they were wasted on the Aussie tail enders.

you mean....this

Attachments

• _38427859_hattrick300.jpg
    _38427859_hattrick300.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 31

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports