Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darlington FC RIP

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
whats makes my blood boil is how much money is in the game in this country and that there is no means to helping out clubs like this. I appreciate that its a business, but its more than that to a few thousand hardy soles that have supported through thick and thin.

D

Deleted member 22389

This kind of thing is really sad, IMO, but at least its only a little club.

One day it will happen to a proper club with a real history. Football needs to sit up and take note.

The thing is a lot of these big clubs don't care. They are so far up their own arse this probably wont even register with some of their supporters. May be I am wrong? Unfortunately the owners clubs like Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal have made it impossible for smaller clubs to compete. Loads of teams will never ever see the Premiership. It makes you really appreciate how lucky we are now with our new stadium and the direction our club is going in.

Halcyon

Who let the Doug out?
Jul 22, 2008
Teesside
I live close to Darlo and would be tempted to go along to a few games but the ticket prices were unrealistically high - £18 is too much imho for conference football. They should have followed hartlepool's lead and offered £100 season tickets, get people in who then spend money at the game. The ground also suffers from out of town syndrome and is not the easiest to get too.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
they are not dead yet. Apparently one weeks wages from the Tasmanian Devil would save them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is scary. A depressing day for football and a harsh lesson. It puts all the moaning in to perspective. Football is now all about balancing those books. I just hope we are not being silly with money because that is a nightmare.

its always been about balancing books.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

One day it will happen to a proper club with a real history. Football needs to sit up and take note.

Darlington have been around alot longer than us.

I'm sure you meant no harm in your comment, but with respect that is the stupidest post of the year! I presume you weren't at Priestfield when we were lucky to get crowds of 1500!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I'm sure you meant no harm in your comment, but with respect that is the stupidest post of the year! I presume you weren't at Priestfield when we were lucky to get crowds of 1500!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

I very much doubt he attended a game before this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Probably sitting at home watching Liverpool on the TV, as they battled for seventh in the Premier League.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
...and yet we still get people on here DEMANDING we spend another few MILLION on a striker...

I hope it's not too late but fear the worst.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Words fail me. They really do. I'd love to see Liverpool FC goes bust, no one will miss it will they? It's only one of the teams in Liverpool it doesn't mean anything to anybody, you can all support Everton instead.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you were a footballer, would you want to risk turning out in one game, for a single payment, knowing that if you picked up a career threatening injury, there'd be no club left to look after you?

Hate to say it as it would be rubbish if Darlo went under, but I could understand if the players were reluctant to turn out, unless it was purely to put themselves in the shop window.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Words fail me. They really do. I'd love to see Liverpool FC goes bust, no one will miss it will they? It's only one of the teams in Liverpool it doesn't mean anything to anybody, you can all support Everton instead.

You can't say that, you're VICTIMISING the poor people of Liverpool again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hope they survive. Darlington is one of those clubs that should have a protection order on them or something. Proper footballing tradition. Yes they're not a Man Utd or Chelsea but they are part of football history. They've always been around and deserve to be around forever. The fans haven't done anything wrong it's always the f***ing idiot owners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here