[Albion] Dante Vanzeir (22) - Union SG

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bloom says he doesn't have much to do with the running of the club,

Same as Brighton, in that PB runs the club on a day-to-day basis and reports to TB. TB will however be the person that ultimately sanctions transfers in/out from both clubs. I can’t see that there’d even need to be any fee paid unless it would suit the FFP requirements of one of the clubs, would there?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Same as Brighton, in that PB runs the club on a day-to-day basis and reports to TB. TB will however be the person that ultimately sanctions transfers in/out from both clubs. I can’t see that there’d even need to be any fee paid unless it would suit the FFP requirements of one of the clubs, would there?

Its not the same. Bloom owns 75% while Muzo owns 25%.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Its not the same. Bloom owns 75% while Muzo owns 25%.

He still has a majority shareholding though, so if he wants a transfer to go ahead, it will go ahead. It’s never been explicitly stated, but I’m fairly sure that the whole purpose of the two of them buying USG was for it to act as a feeder club for Brighton and a conduit for non-British players to obtain work permits.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He still has a majority shareholding though, so if he wants a transfer to go ahead, it will go ahead. It’s never been explicitly stated, but I’m fairly sure that the whole purpose of the two of them buying USG was for it to act as a feeder club for Brighton and a conduit for non-British players to obtain work permits.

https://www.copa90.com/en/read/union-saint-gilloise-the-belgian-leeds

The only people that have ever said about feeder clubs are Brighton fans, any Brighton player that goes their is because it benefits Union not just because we want to send them there.. I love keeping an eye out for Union as it show that Tony can be a success with other clubs than Brighton.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agree. Very forward thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Unclear on the partnership? There isn’t one apart from one person owns both. If he wants to move a player from one to the other he will.

If you go onto the USG forum, there aren’t many that believe they are a feeder club to Brighton. Alex Muzio, the chairmen of USG, has much more to do with the club than Tony Bloom does. Of course I may be wrong, but so far, there has never been a transfer from USG to Brighton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you go onto the USG forum, there aren’t many that believe they are a feeder club to Brighton. Alex Muzio, the chairmen of USG, has much more to do with the club than Tony Bloom does. Of course I may be wrong, but so far, there has never been a transfer from USG to Brighton.

Why on earth would USG fans worry about being our feeder club (which they are), they are battling for the title in Belgium exactly BECAUSE they are our feeder club.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We loan them players and we decide where they go next. Tau, Cochrane, and now Mitoma.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think more people than Bloom have a say. Muzo has nothing to do with Brighton and seems to have more to do with Union than Bloom. If Bloom wants to and other people agree then he will move players between clubs otherwise cracks in their Partnership might appear.

Their set-up at Union is working superbly so he might not want to create those cracks.
Bloom has known Muzio for years before USG. He is Bloom's man in charge.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Bloom has known Muzio for years before USG. He is Bloom's man in charge.

Im sure he did know him before they bought Union together. He is also the Chairman. They also say the clubs have no connection with each other. I'm sure we have a slight advantage over other clubs if we wanted to buy a player from them, but we won't get it for free and im sure they wouldn't take a player of us because we tell them too. They are two seperate clubs/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Im sure he did know him before they bought Union together. He is also the Chairman. They also say the clubs have no connection with each other. I'm sure we have a slight advantage over other clubs if we wanted to buy a player from them, but we won't get it for free and im sure they wouldn't take a player of us because we tell them too. They are two seperate clubs/
Not really - we wanted someone to take Tau to get him into Europe to get the necessary qualifications to come to us. USG took him - he did rather well for them, and no doubt they would have liked to have kept him - but no, we moved him on. No doubt we'll do the same with Mitoma if he's any good.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Not really - we wanted someone to take Tau to get him into Europe to get the necessary qualifications to come to us. USG took him - he did rather well for them, and no doubt they would have liked to have kept him - but no, we moved him on. No doubt we'll do the same with Mitoma if he's any good.

If they didn't want Tau or Mitsoma then they wouldn't have taken him. In that article they make it clear how much work they put into recruitment they also made it clear there is no connection between the clubs other than Bloom and a few friendly phone calls.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If they didn't want Tau or Mitsoma then they wouldn't have taken him. In that article they make it clear how much work they put into recruitment they also made it clear there is no connection between the clubs other than Bloom and a few friendly phone calls.

OK, whatever you say. :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

The also signed Burgess from Pompey off the back of our scouting.

There was a pod posted on here the other week with Mr Bloom and he stated himself he leaves the running of USG to his man over there. They are not a feeder club and the two are ran very differently. However there are some mutual benefits of the relationship.

I would say if they have a player of quality we will be given a heads up and I’m sure we would stand a very reasonable chance of getting the player but it would still cost.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

There was a pod posted on here the other week with Mr Bloom and he stated himself he leaves the running of USG to his man over there. They are not a feeder club and the two are ran very differently. However there are some mutual benefits of the relationship.

I would say if they have a player of quality we will be given a heads up and I’m sure we would stand a very reasonable chance of getting the player but it would still cost.

It will be of the back of their own scouting not ours, that is a disrespectful thing to say. Yes as I pointed out Bloom doesn't have a lot to do with the running of the club, he leaves that to the other person who has a steak in it, not his man but his partner in this project. and yes that last paragraph is what I said earlier, we will have a slight advantage but it wouldn't be free like someone suggested.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It will be of the back of their own scouting not ours, that is a disrespectful thing to say. Yes as I pointed out Bloom doesn't have a lot to do with the running of the club, he leaves that to the other person who has a steak in it, not his man but his partner in this project. and yes that last paragraph is what I said earlier, we will have a slight advantage but it wouldn't be free like someone suggested.
USG have access to our player recruitment data and resources.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Again, the USG purchase leads me to wonder (slightly crass of me, I know) but how MINTED is Uncle Tony? Spend £95m on a new stadium at Brighton, plus £15m on a state-of-the-art training complex, plus £8.5m on the same for the women's team, plus shed loads on players, plus covering the COVID losses AND he owns another club that he's bank-rolled into the top division.

Them thar pockets be deep.

And yet 6% of our support allegedly still aren't happy with him as chairman.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

This is a little out of date but:

Tony Bloom has been Union’s majority shareholder since May 2018, and it would be easy to assume the club are buying their place back at the top. However, so far investment from the Brighton & Hove Albion owner has been modest. Chairman and minority shareholder Alex Muzio oversees day-to-day affairs at the club, who take pride in their success scouting players like Vanzeir and Undav.

“The amount of work that we do in the recruitment of players is incredible,” says O’Loughlin. “We spend hours and hours and hours watching players and creating reports. We’re putting all this work in because we want to bring good footballers and good people. That’s very important for us, we think with good people you can do good things.”

Union have only ever loaned in two players from Brighton, Percy Tau in 2018 and current defender Alex Cochrane- who has been injured since January. With Brexit complicating British work permits, in theory Union could be used by the Seagulls to loan out players. However, O’Loughlin says that will never be the case.

“In terms of links, other than Tony Bloom and a friendly phone call with one or two people in Brighton that’s as far as it goes. We have our completely own separate vision, philosophy, strategy, recruitment targets and ambitions. We’re two separate clubs, we’re not a sister club or a satellite club. We’re Union Saint-Gilloise, the third ranked team in the history books with titles in Belgian first division football.”

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is a little out of date but:

Tony Bloom has been Union’s majority shareholder since May 2018, and it would be easy to assume the club are buying their place back at the top. However, so far investment from the Brighton & Hove Albion owner has been modest. Chairman and minority shareholder Alex Muzio oversees day-to-day affairs at the club, who take pride in their success scouting players like Vanzeir and Undav.

“The amount of work that we do in the recruitment of players is incredible,” says O’Loughlin. “We spend hours and hours and hours watching players and creating reports. We’re putting all this work in because we want to bring good footballers and good people. That’s very important for us, we think with good people you can do good things.”

Union have only ever loaned in two players from Brighton, Percy Tau in 2018 and current defender Alex Cochrane- who has been injured since January. With Brexit complicating British work permits, in theory Union could be used by the Seagulls to loan out players. However, O’Loughlin says that will never be the case.

“In terms of links, other than Tony Bloom and a friendly phone call with one or two people in Brighton that’s as far as it goes. We have our completely own separate vision, philosophy, strategy, recruitment targets and ambitions. We’re two separate clubs, we’re not a sister club or a satellite club. We’re Union Saint-Gilloise, the third ranked team in the history books with titles in Belgian first division football.”

They have forgotten that we loaned them Soufyan Ahannach.

It's quite obvious that the party line in public is to play down any links.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
USG have access to our player recruitment data and resources.
Mate, just shrug your shoulders and agree that it's pure coincidence that since Tony Bloom bought USG, a club virtually no-one in Brighton had previously ever heard of, no less than four Brighton players have gone there; not gone to Alderlecht, Genk, Vitesse Arhnem or wherever to experience European/Belgian football - but straight to USG! That's a partnership (albeit an officially informal one) - or mutual co-operation if you prefer - that's working well.
Of course, if you know for a fact that it's an absolutely certainty that it's all pure coincidence that numerous Brighton players spend time at the other club their owner owns, well, there's no arguing with that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports