Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No feckin thanks….

Aston Villa's English striker Danny Ings, 29, could be offered to Brighton in a swap deal for 25-year-old Mali international midfielder Yves Bissouma, as Steven Gerrard plans further clear-outs and a rebuilt squad at Villa Park. (Mirror)

Hard cold cash or feck off

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ings, allegedly, left Saints because he wanted to win something so I can’t see him coming anywhere near Sussex to play.

Now we seem to have “cured” Welbeck and Webster is in remission we do need to give the club physios something to do though

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No feckin thanks….

Aston Villa's English striker Danny Ings, 29, could be offered to Brighton in a swap deal for 25-year-old Mali international midfielder Yves Bissouma, as Steven Gerrard plans further clear-outs and a rebuilt squad at Villa Park. (Mirror)

Hard cold cash or feck off
That would be an appalling deal for us.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Villa supporting relative said would be a good deal for us. Ings is a goalscorer, the fox in the box we need, good game intelligence too. He seems to think Biss's head has been turned with the opportunity to join Villa and we should accept a swap or perhaps a swap and some potential bonuses if/when Villa qualify for Europe and win trophies.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There will be plenty more of these swap type speculation deal stories before August. They are often used to pad out transfer gossip stories that are really short on new detail - can we flog the Biss story again ? - far more often than they are used to pad out extra deals which rarely involve multiple players. For obvious reasons (complexity, matching players etc)
Approach with extreme caution.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
When was the last time an actual swap deal happened? They're beloved by newspaper gossip manufacturers who can then crowbar two clubs getting a new player into one. But they rarely ever happen in real life.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It depends on how highly they price Ings. To make it work at least 20M would have to come TBs way as well.
Sure I read a report a couple of months ago probably crap saying we were interested in him, so this might have legs

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
When was the last time an actual swap deal happened? They're beloved by newspaper gossip manufacturers who can then crowbar two clubs getting a new player into one. But they rarely ever happen in real life.

Exactly this.

Got me thinking about some of the more sensational swap deals in times gone by. Martin Peters to Spurs/ Jimmy Greaves to West Ham immediately springs to mind. Both used to be great heroes of mine.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It depends on how highly they price Ings. To make it work at least 20M would have to come TBs way as well.
Sure I read a report a couple of months ago probably crap saying we were interested in him, so this might have legs

Well thats two things that don't have legs.

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I could understand this one. Ings is a decent striker and the type we’ve been missing. Ie out and out striker.
Biss needs to go this summer as he isn’t signing a new contract and we have succession planning in place.
Also Trossard / Maupay are both coming up to their last year of their contracts so we risk losing both although I think we’d get a good fee for Trossard. So yes, makes sense. But we’d want £15/20m plus Ings.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I could understand this one. Ings is a decent striker and the type we’ve been missing. Ie out and out striker.

Is this the same Ings (5 goals this season) who was used by some as a stick to beat the club with last summer for failing to splash £20+ million to land our mythical "15-goals-a-season" man?

See also Armstrong (2 goals this season), Edouard (6 goals) and Olly Watkins (8 goals).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ings and a bucketload of cash then maybe, otherwise sod off. Also what makes Villa a likely European candidate and team that will win things, they are still BELOW us and we recently lost six games in row!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah total BS this one.

Even if it had been discussed between the clubs (it hasn't), there is no way Ings would fit into our wage structure.
Nor would he have any sell on value.

He might score a few for us, but would be more likely to be injured at exactly the same times as Welbz.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Why would we want ANOTHER injury-prone 30+ year-old striker, who would cost an absolute fortune in wages? And why would Ings want to come here when he can sit on the bench at Villa earning £100k a week, with the occasional cameo.

Whoever wrote this has absolutely ZERO idea of how our club is run!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here