Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Ings to Villa

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Saints supporting mate of mine says they are in big trouble. Board trying to cash in on players to lower the wage bill and very little if any transfer fund available. Finished last season poorly and then to take Ings' goals away! They could well be one of the three this season

As things stand as at 5/8/21, I’d bet on a draw if we played them (and probably 0-0)

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
IMO not one of those players come close to Grealish.

Baily has been tearing it up for years, Buendia is fantastic and Danny Ings garuntues goals at premier league level, Grealish is good but if you gave me a choice to have those 3 or Grealish I would rather have Danny Ings by himself at Albion than Jack Grealish, good player but severly overhyped in my opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure if its a very good signing for Villa. Ings will probably bag a few but that many more than his competitors Wesley or Watkins would? We'll see.

It puts Southampton in a very difficult situation though. They need to get 3-4 quality players in or it will be a very tough season for them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Baily has been tearing it up for years, Buendia is fantastic and Danny Ings garuntues goals at premier league level, Grealish is good but if you gave me a choice to have those 3 or Grealish I would rather have Danny Ings by himself at Albion than Jack Grealish, good player but severly overhyped in my opinion.

You may well be right. Grealish to me is more than an average Villa player. He was their talisman and carried them through many games.

But let’s see what transpires. If Ings doesn’t fire or gets injured I predict a very tough season for Villa minus Grealish.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
You may well be right. Grealish to me is more than an average Villa player. He was their talisman and carried them through many games.

But let’s see what transpires. If Ings doesn’t fire or gets injured I predict a very tough season for Villa minus Grealish.

Looking at there squad even taking away Grealish I'm backing them for Europe, quality all over the pitch.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sir Alan Sugar reckons most of them are, maybe we set our moral standards too high?

But that is what sets us apart! We indubitably occupy the moral high ground to the total exclusion of anybody else….,,,..

…….. and I might be exaggerating there ever so slightly, but I do like to think we try to do things right. We have even been shopping ourselves to the FA for “discrepancies”.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You’d be wary of a Southampton team with Ings in it, not so much now.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Ings is a good signing for Villa - but Southampton got a lot of money for him (29 years old, injury prone and 1 year left on his contract).

You’d be wary of a Southampton team with Ings in it, not so much now.

They are certainly weakened - and will need to bring in a striker - Armstong is the obvious choice (apparently Blackburn are interested in Obafemi - but Southampton want £6million for him). He might be a decent PL striker. However, I think he is more likely to go to Norwich who apparently have offered Idah on loan for the season as part of the deal.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
‘Purport to support’ - so because someone has a different opinion to you they simply aren’t as much of a real supporter as you. That smug superiority in relation to supporting a football team is nothing but childish.

Also don’t make assumptions, I’ve been there on the away terraces in some our darkest days with literally a handful of fellow fans. The last thing I have is ridiculously high expectations but I know what I see. Last season we were crying out for a decent forward, 9 days before the season starts we are actually in a worst position as our best forward is currently injured. Stick your head in the sand all you want but I call that a poor situation as it stands.
Apart from some very dubious rumours we haven’t even had a strong link to a forward which is worrying.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’m perplexed at our transfer activity. I would have expected to have seen a striker come in. We simply can’t rely on the personnel that we have on the books at the moment.

Maybe GP sees our midfield delivering all the goals but that’s not been a line of service to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here