Danny Holla Signs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did you see him play?
Algae may not have done, but I did - very promising. Took his own little bit of space out on to the field with him, so always had time and space, no matter how many around him.......couple more like him and I'll be hoping for glory again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Evening AZ.

Is this the Liverpool player who managed a couple of brief sub appearances for Brentford and then FAILED to break into a league 1 team?
Not bad for a highly rated player that.

In his 10 - 20 minute cameo, probably the best player on the field; after all, managed to get a game with a top prem. team - and they won't sell him; only available for a loan to have some first team experience.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Algae may not have done, but I did - very promising. Took his own little bit of space out on to the field with him, so always had time and space, no matter how many around him.......couple more like him and I'll be hoping for glory again.

Beat three players, looked up, only to see nobody had improved their position. It left me thinking that he hadn't been given the best of first impressions.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beat three players, looked up, only to see nobody had improved their position. It left me thinking that he hadn't been given the best of first impressions.

Yeh, but if we can get our lot trying to match his standards (rather than dragging him down to their's) - might be a bit of a gem.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In his 10 - 20 minute cameo, probably the best player on the field; after all, managed to get a game with a top prem. team - and they won't sell him; only available for a loan to have some first team experience.

He came on just after the hour. You'll remember that within 15 minutes the Albion fans were exhorting the other players to give him the ball.

A little Vicente in the making.

Algae is a much more appropriate user name for the poster in question.:thumbsup:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Evening AZ.

Is this the Liverpool player who managed a couple of brief sub appearances for Brentford and then FAILED to break into a league 1 team?
Not bad for a highly rated player that.

After the guy coming on and having a decent sub appearance, you are still writing him off, which shows what an utter co*k you are.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Would he have sounded better if we had paid 2m quid for him?

This could be a very good, inexpensive signing. Let's wait and see

Hehehe...the thing is, some people on here would be creaming themselves if we paid 2 million for him, they actually would!

They seem to think we have to pay a fee for a player to be any good. Clueless comes to mind.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Algie I seem to recall you saying "Ulloa does nothing" after THREE games (including scoring on his debut against Arsenal). Give the boy a chance.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hehehe...the thing is, some people on here would be creaming themselves if we paid 2 million for him, they actually would!

They seem to think we have to pay a fee for a player to be any good. Clueless comes to mind.

Quite! I am frankly amazed, as always, about some peoples reactions. We have just signed a 2m quid player for nothing for goodness sake! But because we have not spent any money we apparently lack ambition. Oh, and apparently Sami has not watched him so he cannot be a Sami signing and he is getting his excuses in early for when he walks away from the club. I despair.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bearing in mind which division we play in, all those players went to top 4 clubs

Yes, there have been some massively talented players who have came from the Dutch league, however the point I was making is we can't use the league he comes from to justify his ability as there have been a tonne of duds from that league too. Alex Buttner came to Manchester United as a promising young defender, played 13 league games for them and was then sold for less than they signed him for. Ricky van Wolfswinkel had scored goals for fun in the Eredivisie and couldn't adapt to the English game. Jozy Altidore, Afonso Alves, Marco Boogers, Bryan Ruiz, Karim El Ahmadi, Leandro Bacuna, Ryan Babel etc

I'm NOT saying that Holla is going to join those ranks or that he won't be a success, I'm simply erring on the side of caution. The Dutch League is very different to English football. Some players thrive when they move over here and others don't. Like every other Brighton fan I hope we've uncovered a gem of a signing, I'm just not going to get ahead of myself until I see him play - which I'm guessing won't be for a couple of weeks (I'd hazard a guess his first start will be against Swindon in the COC). I know it isn't the NSC Way, but let's just wait until we've seen him play before we label him shit or heap expectations on top of him.

:thumbsup:

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Morning. I don't usually get involved with your threads but this may be of interest for you.

My brother lives in Laak, Den Haag after marrying a Dutch girl. He follows Den Haag home and away and is gobsmacked that you secured his services as he's apparently a quality midfielder. He's comfortable on the ball, finds space to receive a pass in a congested midfield, gets his head up to pick a pass and has a powerful shot. He's an aggressive tackler, likes to get stuck in but has an occassional hot headed moment.

The only thing that he's missing is a bit of pace but he makes up for that by having a great awareness. Being a Palace fan my bro said he'd happily have him playing just in front of Jedinak as his ability to pick a pass would encourage better counter attacking.

I'll leave you good people now, hope you kick on this season.

raba.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Morning. I don't usually get involved with your threads but this may be of interest for you.

My brother lives in Laak, Den Haag after marrying a Dutch girl. He follows Den Haag home and away and is gobsmacked that you secured his services as he's apparently a quality midfielder. He's comfortable on the ball, finds space to receive a pass in a congested midfield, gets his head up to pick a pass and has a powerful shot. He's an aggressive tackler, likes to get stuck in but has an occassional hot headed moment.

The only thing that he's missing is a bit of pace but he makes up for that by having a great awareness. Being a Palace fan my bro said he'd happily have him playing just in front of Jedinak as his ability to pick a pass would encourage better counter attacking.

raba.

Thank for this.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

raba.

Great stuff - cheers

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

raba.

Thanks, but I am sure I read a blog that Bozza posted quoting a guy sayingbhe wasn't much of a tackler but is great passer and good free kick/penalty taker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports