Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'd say players transfered from Holland do fairly decent. Jaap Stam, RVP, RVN, Ron Vlaar even Park Ji-sung. The Eredivisie is a competitive league and I'm sure there are bargains to be had, let's hope that Holla is a huge sucess for us.

Virgil Van Dijk, that Luis Suarez fella could kick a ball too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Until and if the club spend any serious money together with continued poor performances and results, criticism will be rife.

Rife, but not always justified, which is the point here.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
More rubbish written. This is a great bit of business by the Albion and he looks a better player than Clayton. Like others have said earlier on in the thread if this player had joined Charlton for example, there would be lots on here saying why did we not go for him? Well done Albion.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My only worry is that people moving from the Dutch league to English football tends to be either a massive hit or a complete flop.

For every Luis Suarez there's a Mateja Kežman. Hopefully Holla can shine.

I'd say players transfered from Holland do fairly decent. Jaap Stam, RVP, RVN, Ron Vlaar even Park Ji-sung. The Eredivisie is a competitive league and I'm sure there are bargains to be had, let's hope that Holla is a huge sucess for us.

Bearing in mind which division we play in, all those players went to top 4 clubs

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Weve done alright with previous Dutch midfielders prior to kemy who has been a disappointment to me. Thought he would take it up a bit..

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
More rubbish written. This is a great bit of business by the Albion and he looks a better player than Clayton. Like others have said earlier on in the thread if this player had joined Charlton for example, there would be lots on here saying why did we not go for him? Well done Albion.
Better player than Clayton who was twice player of the season? That's rather a bold statement considering you know nothing about this player apart from what you have read and heard.

Trust in Tony

Banned
Aug 17, 2014
Worthing
Better player than Clayton who was twice player of the season? That's rather a bold statement considering you know nothing about this player apart from what you have read and heard.

I put my trust in the clubs judgement rather than what fans are saying on here. Time will tell.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Wise words. Why on earth would someone pass judgement on a player they have never seen play?

At least I know YOU would never do that, Algie. I mean, if we were to sign a young, highly-rated youngster from Liverpool, I'm absolutely certain you wouldn't judge his potential simply by looking at his Wikipedia page.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wise words. Why on earth would someone pass judgement on a player they have never seen play?

At least I know YOU would never do that, Algie. I mean, if we were to sign a young, highly-rated youngster from Liverpool, I'm absolutely certain you wouldn't judge his potential simply by looking at his Wikipedia page.

Bam!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

0060-0807-1215-1128_A_Home_Run_Hit_Out_of_the_Park_clipart_image.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Evening AZ.

Is this the Liverpool player who managed a couple of brief sub appearances for Brentford and then FAILED to break into a league 1 team?
Not bad for a highly rated player that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Evening AZ.

Is this the Liverpool player who managed a couple of brief sub appearances for Brentford and then FAILED to break into a league 1 team?
Not bad for a highly rated player that.
Did you see him play?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here