Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Let's give the lad a chance I say..

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
In my day, if you signed a 19 year old striker from the big boys he would be capable of being on the fringe of the first team i.e. a regular in the reserves rather than this new set up whereby he languishes in a glorified youth team.

In my day it was straight into the first team a la Jeff "the pirate" Minton or Junior Mac.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Speaking to a mate who has been all over Europe to watch Spurs youth play. He described him as a bit of a Harry Kane type player, where he doesn't have any stand-out attributes but he doesn't have any real weaknesses either. A solid all-round striker who knows where the net is.

Sounds like an ideal free transfer to me.

My Spurs supporting friend wasn't too impressed with him when I asked him his opinion -

What I was told when we were first linked with him to balance it out.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Let's give the lad a chance I say..

That's far too reasonable!

I learnt a long time ago not to take too much notice of other people's condemnations, but to make up my own mind on the "evidence" when you actually see them, or hear the manager's assessment or whatever.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I have seen the lad play for our (Spurs) youth teams. Definitely got potential & a bit surprised to see him go. Pochetino seems very hot on attitude & professionalism (hence the departure of Capoue to be followed shortly by Kaboul, Chirices & others) perhaps (purely guessing) they see something amiss there?.

We let Iago Falque go for next to nothing last season (£1mn?) & he has just moved on to an Italian side for £7mn & similar with Massimo Luongo (just been signed from Swindon by QPR). Akindayini could well follow the same path.

Good luck to the lad. Hope he does the biz for BHA.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have seen the lad play for our (Spurs) youth teams. Definitely got potential & a bit surprised to see him go. Pochetino seems very hot on attitude & professionalism (hence the departure of Capoue to be followed shortly by Kaboul, Chirices & others) perhaps (purely guessing) they see something amiss there?.

We let Iago Falque go for next to nothing last season (£1mn?) & he has just moved on to an Italian side for £7mn & similar with Massimo Luongo (just been signed from Swindon by QPR). Akindayini could well follow the same path.

Good luck to the lad. Hope he does the biz for BHA.

well thankyou
the goal he scored in the Japan under 21 match was a good pointer

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

At the end of Akindayini's two-year scholarship in 2013-14 he was only offered a third scholar year rather than a professional contract, so there were clearly some doubts about his ability to make the grade at Tottenham going back further than Pochettino's rein. In fact, I would have thought the decision to release him would have been made primarily by the coaching team at youth squad/U-21 level, with minimal or no input from the first team manager.

But I share your hope that he does the biz for BHA!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The FA put up the player registration documents on their website today for March - June. They confirm that Akindayini had his registration at Tottenham cancelled on May 13, and he signed a contract with Albion the following day (and 4 days before Akindayini played as a sub in the final DS game at Villa Park last season).

So, whoever runs this account (it isn't an official Tottenham twitter account) was spot on:-

[TWEET]600359629118406656[/TWEET]

However, Albion didn't announce this signing until July 2 - ALBION SIGN EX-SPURS STRIKER FOR U21S

I'm just wondering what the thinking is behind delaying the announcement of an actual signing by 7 WEEKS? Surely ANY signing (whether for the first team or DS) is good news (unless it's Leon Best), and you would want to let the fans know? I know that the Albion have become extremely reticent with all things academy-related in the last couple of years, but I just don't get the radio silence in this instance?

Dec 29, 2011
I was thinking about this kid earlier. He came from Spurs as their top scorer and must be quite highly rated. A bit of a coup for the Albion, but now we have Harper and Hambo who are both quite a lot better than Akindayini (apparently). Hopefully he still gets the game time to develop.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The FA put up the player registration documents on their website today for March - June. They confirm that Akindayini had his registration at Tottenham cancelled on May 13, and he signed a contract with Albion the following day (and 4 days before Akindayini played as a sub in the final DS game at Villa Park last season).

So, whoever runs this account (it isn't an official Tottenham twitter account) was spot on:-

[TWEET]600359629118406656[/TWEET]

However, Albion didn't announce this signing until July 2 - ALBION SIGN EX-SPURS STRIKER FOR U21S

I'm just wondering what the thinking is behind delaying the announcement of an actual signing by 7 WEEKS? Surely ANY signing (whether for the first team or DS) is good news (unless it's Leon Best), and you would want to let the fans know? I know that the Albion have become extremely reticent with all things academy-related in the last couple of years, but I just don't get the radio silence in this instance?

Could just be contract. Maybe Spurs paid him up until 2nd July and we couldn't formally announce the signing till then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here