Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daniel Akindayini - signed on a free

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There will always be plenty of academy players at the top 8 Premier League clubs who are told at 18 or 19 they'll be better off looking for a new club to develop their career.

We've had a few from Chelsea in the last four years.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Are you new here?

I can show you around later, if you like.
In the meantime it'll probably be best just to keep quiet.

LOL, just so old skool positivity.

I'll crawl back behind my rock again now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
LOL, just so old skool positivity.

I'll crawl back behind my rock again now.
I suggest you have a long hard think about yourself and your expectations of NSC.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not that old herring again he came and had 1 closed doors trial with us and the manager, I think it was Chris Catlin said no, as happens many times.

The fact is he was rejected. The point of the post is not everybody can see future potential.

So this guy we have on trial may turn out to be a talented player, in spite of Ipswich not taking him on. Or he might be a future lemon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've literally never seen him kick a football so it would be wrong for me to state any form of opinion on his potential to be a good footballer for Brighton and Hove Albion.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Didn't we sing a young Chelsea reject a couple of years ago? I think his name was Ryan Prince ,or something like that, I wonder what happened to him

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
OR maybe we shouldn't even be comparing him with anyone and perhaps just let the lad have his trial with the club and let the management team decide whether they want to offer him a contract or not once they have seen him play

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are Spurs actually releasing him? Or is he so promising that they think at 19 he's ready for a season long loan playing in the Championship?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know anything about him? Seemingly on trial and from Spurs. One for the DS I assume?

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/ca...rialing-with-brighton-and-hove-albion/208678?

He has been in the Tottenham academy system since about the age of 8. He made his debut for the Spurs youth team in October 2011 whilst still a schoolboy (U-16), grabbing a goal in a 3-1 win over Cardiff. He began his two-year scholarship with Tottenham in July 2012.

In his first year as a scholar he scored 3 goals in 11 appearances, and made 3 substitute appearances in the NextGen series, an U-19 competition for invited European teams designed to replicate a Champions League-type environment for youth players (whose creators included Brentford's current manager Mark Warburton and chairman Matthew Benham, by the way).

In his second scholar year he was the top-scorer in the U-18s, with 15 goals in 27 appearances (20 of them starts). His form earned him two substitute appearances for the U-21s.

However, there was clearly some doubt amongst the Tottenham hierarchy about his abilities as he was only awarded a third scholar year for 2014-15 instead of a professional contract. He has scored 4 goals in 19 appearances for the Spurs' U-21 side this season.

It would seem that he is on his way out of White Hart Lane at the end of this season.

As already mentioned, he appeared as a trialist for Ipswich's U-21s a couple of weeks ago.

Here are some observations about him from a Spurs blog/website, The Fighting Cock

Harrison started against Vitesse and I maintain he looks a better played than Akindayini depsite being 2 years younger. Naturally not as strong on the ball, but always looks more of a goal threat to me. Very good movement in behind too. That said, Akindayini did actually scored 2 goals to Harrison's 0 in this tournament, and looked over the moon with both. He always seems to enjoy scoring and that's great to see. The two are very different strikers though, so there could definitely be room for both of them in a starting XI.

Daniel Akindayini - born October 95. Turns 20 this year. Scored a lot for the U18s last season and that earned him a place in the U21s this season. See that many are not convinced he will make it at Spurs. Facing fierce competition from [Shaquille Coulthirst] who might be just ahead of him.

Daniel Akindayini - center forward who is enormous but not great technically. Will have to improve as he plays against opponents as big as him.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He has been in the Tottenham academy system since about the age of 8. He made his debut for the Spurs youth team in October 2011 whilst still a schoolboy (U-16), grabbing a goal in a 3-1 win over Cardiff. He began his two-year scholarship with Tottenham in July 2012.

In his first year as a scholar he scored 3 goals in 11 appearances, and made 3 substitute appearances in the NextGen series, an U-19 competition for invited European teams designed to replicate a Champions League-type environment for youth players (whose creators included Brentford's current manager Mark Warburton and chairman Matthew Benham, by the way).

In his second scholar year he was the top-scorer in the U-18s, with 15 goals in 27 appearances (20 of them starts). His form earned him two substitute appearances for the U-21s.

However, there was clearly some doubt amongst the Tottenham hierarchy about his abilities as he was only awarded a third scholar year for 2014-15 instead of a professional contract. He has scored 4 goals in 19 appearances for the Spurs' U-21 side this season.

It would seem that he is on his way out of White Hart Lane at the end of this season.

As already mentioned, he appeared as a trialist for Ipswich's U-21s a couple of weeks ago.

Here are some observations about him from a Spurs blog/website, The Fighting Cock

Thanks AZ. Interesting.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Speaking to a mate who has been all over Europe to watch Spurs youth play. He described him as a bit of a Harry Kane type player, where he doesn't have any stand-out attributes but he doesn't have any real weaknesses either. A solid all-round striker who knows where the net is.

Sounds like an ideal free transfer to me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Nothing to lose for us on players like this. Minimal wages, and we might discover another Bridcutt/Ince.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Speaking to a mate who has been all over Europe to watch Spurs youth play. He described him as a bit of a Harry Kane type player, where he doesn't have any stand-out attributes but he doesn't have any real weaknesses either. A solid all-round striker who knows where the net is.

Sounds like an ideal free transfer to me.
That's a new winger sorted then!!:thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was at the game on Monday. He's a big, strong, athletic forward. A bit raw technically but used his strength well and brought the ball down pretty well. He'd obviously be one for the U21's if we signed him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here