[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not going to change my mind that the arabs have absolutely dry-humped us with this derisory £13m. Its been annoying me all day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not going to change my mind that the arabs have absolutely dry-humped us with this derisory £13m. Its been annoying me all day.

Dunk is back and I bet you would have taken 13 million for Burn before Dunk got injured :shrug:

I really rate Burn but the price is OK given the length of his contract and he clearly wants to go there. It’s a shame imo but I implicitly trust TB. We don’t need unsettled players undermining the amazing team spirit.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
£13m is good money for a player that has 18 months left on their contract, may well be on the bench with all CB's fit, and is 29 years old. A profit on a player who if we'd have been told would be sold for £13m a couple of years ago we'd have never believed it. We are letting a player go back to his home town club where he'll probably be on a much higher wage. Good message that we don't block a move if a player wants it and we get our target transfer fee.
Also gives the younger prospects a chance to step up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You should.

Brighton's third choice wingback and fifth choice centre back, a man taller than many basketball players who has been criticised on here for his ability in the air, a Wigan alumni aged 29 has just been sold by us for Thirteen MILLION pounds.

Let, That. Sink, In, Blud.

If that doesn't help, go and open a Stella and play with the budgie

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunk is back and I bet you would have taken 13 million for Burn before Dunk got injured :shrug:

I really rate Burn but the price is OK given the length of his contract and he clearly wants to go there. It’s a shame imo but I implicitly trust TB. We don’t need unsettled players undermining the amazing team spirit.

I'm not interested who is back from injury, they can just as easily disappear again. Burn played 30-odd games last season and was a regular this season - he wasn't just a stopgap, he was a versatile part of a team that is doing pretty well.

I'm not saying it'll all fall apart now he's gone obvs. But we ARE weaker for his loss, its an option gone, and for what ? £10-£11m-ish after Wigan get their slice. So what can you buy with that ?

Not another Burn, I can guarantee you that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not interested who is back from injury, they can just as easily disappear again. Burn played 30-odd games last season and was a regular this season - he wasn't just a stopgap, he was a versatile part of a team that is doing pretty well.

I'm not saying it'll all fall apart now he's gone obvs. But we ARE weaker for his loss, its an option gone, and for what ? £10-£11m-ish after Wigan get their slice. So what can you buy with that ?

You don’t care/ are not interested that Dunk is back? Blimey, how times change

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
£13m is good money for a player that has 18 months left on their contract, may well be on the bench with all CB's fit, and is 29 years old. A profit on a player who if we'd have been told would be sold for £13m a couple of years ago we'd have never believed it. We are letting a player go back to his home town club where he'll probably be on a much higher wage. Good message that we don't block a move if a player wants it and we get our target transfer fee.
Also gives the younger prospects a chance to step up.

So if Trossard, Bissouma, Maupay and Lamptey all want to move for big money tomorrow, we don’t block the transfers because it’s a “good message”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You should.

Brighton's third choice wingback and fifth choice centre back, a man taller than many basketball players who has been criticised on here for his ability in the air, a Wigan alumni aged 29 has just been sold by us for Thirteen MILLION pounds.

Quite a few Newcastle fans appear to agree with him.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Considering Burn only cost us 4 million, I'd suggest the club believe they can.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Just put £100 on BDB being in Southgates next England squad and you'll think its worth it whenever the next international break is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You should.

I disagree that he was that far down the pecking order, his number of appearances would put paid to that. And criticism on here I can take with a 3 mile 18ft deep quarry of salt. The fact we got him from Wigan is likely the reason we got stung on his price, given his CV prior to joining us - which should be an irrelevance given the fact he has proved himself at BHA to be a more than solid and competent defender in several positions the last 2 years.

I'm going to chug this Brewdog, then hit the red. The bird can chew on his millet.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Gutted to see him go, and I still think he's underated by many on here. The contribution hes made for us has been immense. There can be no greater testimony to this than the fact that we've had arguably our best run of performances and results while Dunk has been out injured - in no small way down to the performances of Dan.

The club shouldn't (and didn't) stand in the way of a player moving back to his home town club - its obviously been his career dream and good luck to him. Thanks Dan and all the best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don’t care/ are not interested that Dunk is back? Blimey, how times change

Thats missing the point. When Dunk/Duffey/Veltman/Webster et-al get crocked or suspended, we've now chopped our options at the back for the rest of the season. For the sake of about £11m.

Doesn't matter I suppose, being as we're safe. But I don't see why we're doing Saudi FC favours with bargains like this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I disagree that he was that far down the pecking order, his number of appearances would put paid to that. And criticism on here I can take with a 3 mile 18ft deep quarry of salt. The fact we got him from Wigan is likely the reason we got stung on his price, given his CV prior to joining us - which should be an irrelevance given the fact he has proved himself at BHA to be a more than solid and competent defender in several positions the last 2 years.

I'm going to chug this Brewdog, then hit the red. The bird can chew on his millet.

Many of his apps were as a total fill in at left wingback when March was injured and we didn't have a proper LB. Our solid gold centre backs last season were White, Dunk, Webster.

I credit him for that and the effort and commitment he showed when picked but the only reason they've signed him is that he can't be worse than Ciaran Clark.

13 mill for that? We've had them.

Enjoy the booze though. Sound choices :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just put £100 on BDB being in Southgates next England squad and you'll think its worth it whenever the next international break is.

If Harry Kane signed for us tomorrow, he would be immediately dropped from the England squad. BHA+England does not mix when it comes to Fishlips.

This is fact.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Many of his apps were as a total fill in at left wingback when March was injured and we didn't have a proper LB. Our solid gold centre backs last season were White, Dunk, Webster.

I credit him for that and the effort and commitment he showed when picked but the only reason they've signed him is that he can't be worse than Ciaran Clark.

13 mill for that? We've had them.

Enjoy the booze though. Sound choices :thumbsup:

And WHAT a job he did for us. We've now lost that versatility - a hugely underrated attribute we had down the left. Thats now gone. The stripey arabs will be benefiting from it instead of us. And they've gone and got it for buttons.

I can't remember a sale I've been more annoyed about. We've been humped.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

13 million is about 17.4m USD, at $87 a barrel of oil. They dry humped us for a measly 200k barrels.

Saudia produces 12,402,761 barrels a day. So BDB cost them about 23 minutes of production.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports