Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I fully accept CH view about not rushing him back BUT it doesnt matter how you gloss it up we are not the same team without him and the others whilst trying do not reach his standard by any stretch of the imagination. Stephens does 1 little turn with the ball with a man up his back and he has made 10 yards of space absolutely incredible how he does it time and time again. I dont want him back unfit but I do worry that being without him for too long could be a disaster for us.

Agree with all of this except the disaster comment. No doubt we're a far better team with him but still believe we have enough in the tank to see off the likes of Burton, Ipswich and Barnsley without him. After that it becomes more critical to have him imo

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We appear to be being actively primed for an extended absence.

Which could of course be a double bluff meaning he will be fit for Saturday but could equally equate to his being absent for a critical part of the season. Sadly I suspect the latter is more likely.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We appear to be being actively primed for an extended absence.

Which could of course be a double bluff meaning he will be fit for Saturday but could equally equate to his being absent for a critical part of the season. Sadly I suspect the latter is more likely.

Sorry if I've missed something, but where are we being actively primed that he will be missing?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mooy will turn 27 at the start of next season - he's not a promising youngster. Can't see the point in City loaning him out again - either use him (can't see it - suppose he could replace Delph as a non-playing fringe player) or sell him to a smaller Prem club.

Wow. I was under the impression he was in his early 20s.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wouldn't play Stephens against Burton unless he's 100 percent ready, and even then I might err on the side of caution by having him on the bench. I would hope we can beat Burton without him and then he can start against Ipswich, because we need the strongest midfield possible with Tom Lawrence playing for the opposition.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Agree with all of this except the disaster comment. No doubt we're a far better team with him but still believe we have enough in the tank to see off the likes of Burton, Ipswich and Barnsley without him. After that it becomes more critical to have him imo

I wasnt just referring to the next 3 games as it is the ones following them that we need him for.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I wouldn't play Stephens against Burton unless he's 100 percent ready, and even then I might err on the side of caution by having him on the bench. I would hope we can beat Burton without him and then he can start against Ipswich, because we need the strongest midfield possible with Tom Lawrence playing for the opposition.

I wasnt just referring to the next 3 games as it is the ones following them that we need him for.

We need him for all games, i do not like this arrogance of dropping him for Burton and Ipswich, both games are worth 3 points and the sooner we can get more points on the board the better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We need him for all games, i do not like this arrogance of dropping him for Burton and Ipswich, both games are worth 3 points and the sooner we can get more points on the board the better.

Exactly I hope the players don't have the same attitude that these are "easier" games. They may not be if we are not up for them. We have been so easy to score against in the last three games that we are likely to be nervous on Saturday anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

That is true but one would expect us to be able to cope against Burton without him better than against Reading or Newcastle. I would love him to play every game from now to the end of the season or we are promoted which ever comes first, but that doesn't seem likely.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Absolutely... 100% this...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That is true but one would expect us to be able to cope against Burton without him better than against Reading or Newcastle. I would love him to play every game from now to the end of the season or we are promoted which ever comes first, but that doesn't seem likely.

Why is it unlikely?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly I hope the players don't have the same attitude that these are "easier" games. They may not be if we are not up for them. We have been so easy to score against in the last three games that we are likely to be nervous on Saturday anyway.

/\ /\ /\ These. Quite.

That is true but one would expect us to be able to cope against Burton without him better than against Reading or Newcastle..

Straight off the back of winning at Anfield, I expect that Wolves thought Burton was going to be an easier game, too...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If Stephens is fit for Burton he should play.

It would also be a good opportunity to bring Kayal back up to speed and get the CM dream team back in action before we play Reading and Newcastle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Is TL playing behind the strikers for them, or on the left wing? I've only seen the goal round ups, but all his goals seem to be from the left. A challenge for Bruno.

Anyway, I have a better plan, that involves Lawrence collecting his tenth booking of the season at Villa on Saturday :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, I have a better plan, that involves Lawrence collecting his tenth booking of the season at Villa on Saturday :thumbsup:

Referee for that game: Tim Robinson. Not one of the more controversial ones if I recall correctly.

We have Stephen Martin for the Burton game. I've never heard of him. I hope he doesn't make us remember his name come 5pm on Saturday...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Referee for that game: Tim Robinson. Not one of the more controversial ones if I recall correctly.

Tim Robinson doesn't need to be controversial. Just to hand out a sympathetic but deserved yellow, when poor Tom reacts to a Jedinak elbow, or 90 minutes of SNIDERY from Lansbury

We have Steve Martin for the Burton game. I've never heard of him. I hope he doesn't make us remember his name come 5pm on Saturday...

Indeed. Let's hope he's not a jerk.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tim Robinson doesn't need to be controversial. Just to hand out a sympathetic but deserved yellow, when poor Tom reacts to a Jedinak elbow, or 90 minutes of SNIDERY from Lansbury

I see they've given HOOPS the much-anticipated Devon derby, between promotion-chasing Plymouth and bang-in-form, hated local rivals Exeter. Can't see what could go wrong there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here