Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Stephens is quite a worry, because we are half the team without him. I like the look of the Huddersfield player Mooy? But there isn't anyone comparable in our league otherwise.

I was thinking that, puts himself around and dominates. He did well in the home game as well from what I remember even though they were very defensive.

Not sure if he'd be cut out for a 442, not seen Hudds play any other formation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was thinking that, puts himself around and dominates. He did well in the home game as well from what I remember even though they were very defensive.

Yes, when you think back now, I'm quite surprised they didn't get at us more at our place. Maybe we were simply too good! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully accept CH view about not rushing him back BUT it doesnt matter how you gloss it up we are not the same team without him and the others whilst trying do not reach his standard by any stretch of the imagination. Stephens does 1 little turn with the ball with a man up his back and he has made 10 yards of space absolutely incredible how he does it time and time again. I dont want him back unfit but I do worry that being without him for too long could be a disaster for us.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
We (Burnley) have the same problem as Brighton when the unheralded and vastly under-rated Dean Marney misses matches through injury or suspension.

In our 2013/14 promotion season (second behind Leicester), Marney missed 8 matches and I think our record was W2 D4 L2 from an overall record of W26 D15 L5.

In the 2014/15 Premier League, we were out of the relegation zone and had a 50/50 chance of staying up until Yacoub (WBA) did Marney's knee in the 24th game - a week after the transfer window shut - and he missed the rest of that season and half of last season when, thankfully Barton & Jones were good enough to get us up as champions.

This season, Marney was again our most consistent and reliable midfielder until he suffered another season-ending knee injury against Arsenal on January 21....we were 10 points clear of the bottom three when that happened and it remains to be seen if Deano's injury costs us another relegation.

Ashley Westwood is certainly NOT fit to lace Marney's boots. If Westwood (a panic buy) cost £5 million, Dale Stephens is worth £10 million at least.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Totally agree.

My issue with Norwood clearly isn't his passing, but his inability to tackle.

Stephens is quite a worry, because we are half the team without him. I like the look of the Huddersfield player Mooy? But there isn't anyone comparable in our league otherwise.

I'd say there is a more comparable midfielder in Huddersfield's team, than Mooy. Hogg plays Stephens role, rather than Mooy (although it is MUCH easier to play it, in a midfield three)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I felt Mooy took the games against us and Leeds by the 'scruff of the neck', like Stephens does and dictated play. I see Hogg more of a sitting midfielder, rather than a 'box to box' type, though admittedly Mooy sort of plays around the 18 yard box.

It is much easier to play as a 3 though, and whilst I hope we don't play them again, if we did I would hope we matched up in a similar manner, particularly without the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We (Burnley) have the same problem as Brighton when the unheralded and vastly under-rated Dean Marney misses matches through injury or suspension.

In our 2013/14 promotion season (second behind Leicester), Marney missed 8 matches and I think our record was W2 D4 L2 from an overall record of W26 D15 L5.

In the 2014/15 Premier League, we were out of the relegation zone and had a 50/50 chance of staying up until Yacoub (WBA) did Marney's knee in the 24th game - a week after the transfer window shut - and he missed the rest of that season and half of last season when, thankfully Barton & Jones were good enough to get us up as champions.

This season, Marney was again our most consistent and reliable midfielder until he suffered another season-ending knee injury against Arsenal on January 21....we were 10 points clear of the bottom three when that happened and it remains to be seen if Deano's injury costs us another relegation.

Ashley Westwood is certainly NOT fit to lace Marney's boots. If Westwood (a panic buy) cost £5 million, Dale Stephens is worth £10 million at least.

Did you tell Sean about that valuation?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd say there is a more comparable midfielder in Huddersfield's team, than Mooy. Hogg plays Stephens role, rather than Mooy (although it is MUCH easier to play it, in a midfield three)

I haven't seen much of Hudds, but from their demolition of us, I'd align Mooy far more with Stephens than Hogg. I thought he looked awesome, and suspect he'll be on a season-long loan at a PL club next season (you might be able to guess which one I'd like it to be -- you could throw Izzy Brown into that too).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I haven't seen much of Hudds, but from their demolition of us, I'd align Mooy far more with Stephens than Hogg. I thought he looked awesome, and suspect he'll be on a season-long loan at a PL club next season (you might be able to guess which one I'd like it to be -- you could throw Izzy Brown into that too).

Kachunga is also a loan player who has impressed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What browser and operating system are you using?
Windows, Internet Explorer.
Links work fine, as does You Tube - it's just when picture links to videos appear on NSC they come up as black rectangles (properties show link unavailable). Only started happening in the last few days.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Links work fine, as does You Tube - it's just when picture links to videos appear on NSC they come up as black rectangles (properties show link unavailable). Only started happening in the last few days.
Apparently lots of people have similar problems with Internet Explorer - no idea why - maybe try either Chrome as someone else suggested or Firefox and see if that fixes it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

I'm getting that as well

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Mooy is only on loan for this season from citeh.

Best midfielder in the division imho.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stephens and Shelvey are up there too. I suspect Mooy will be on loan to a PL club next season. Again, I hope it's us.

Mooy will turn 27 at the start of next season - he's not a promising youngster. Can't see the point in City loaning him out again - either use him (can't see it - suppose he could replace Delph as a non-playing fringe player) or sell him to a smaller Prem club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stephens and Shelvey are up there too. I suspect Mooy will be on loan to a PL club next season. Again, I hope it's us.

That would be of what things dreams are made of

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here