Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale stephens

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think an agreement to leave at the end of the season has been made but with all the furore with being promoted and the camaraderie etc. he could change his mind, better the devil you know.

Has it?, do you know that for a fact? Let's face it, this is all conjecture at the moment. It won't be until at at least August, when we might find out the truth.

I'll put on record though that I love Dale Stephens, he would be one of my first names on the teamsheet, and l am desperate for him to stay.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I just hope he stays until the end of the season and we go up. Know doubt he will be offered a new contract again, if he wants to stay great, but if not he will move on to another club. Lets just keep him at least until his contract runs out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some of our fans haven't got a clue. On Tuesday a bloke behind me sais Stockdale's second finger tip save was purely for the fans. He didn't need to theatrically jump, so was just for show. His two mates agreed with him.
People big themselves up with their opinions, which have nothing to do with facts.

Yes there is a knee-jerk reaction quite often.

That said, some of our supporters are over protective and react badly if anyone is accused of having a bad game.

All of them have off-days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I just hope he stays until the end of the season and we go up. Know doubt he will be offered a new contract again, if he wants to stay great, but if not he will move on to another club. Lets just keep him at least until his contract runs out.

Whazzzat, then? A contradiction?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010

That said, some of our supporters are over protective and react badly if anyone is accused of having a bad game.

He can do a ****ing pirouette every time if he wants, as long as he keeps the ball out of the net.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Indeed. But there is a difference between
'had an off day'
and
'is now sh*t'
Which some people have not quite got the hang of.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd like to think he would stay beyond the end of the season, but i believe his family moved out of the area before the school term started in September so I have my doubts :down:

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
Ultimately, he has been completely true to his word this season and has given us a lot of stability in the midfield and is absolutely worth a new contract.

From my understanding of this summer, the issue wasn't so much the club, it was just the opportunity to play in the top league was more than enticing. Now that it looks like we'll be in that top league, he'll almost certainly sign a new contract.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rumour site says Burnley have had a bid for Sebastien Giovinco an Italian attacking midfielder accepted by Toronto where he is now so perhaps only perhaps they are looking elsewhere for the midfielder.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Rumour site says Burnley have had a bid for Sebastien Giovinco an Italian attacking midfielder accepted by Toronto where he is now so perhaps only perhaps they are looking elsewhere for the midfielder.

Dale Stephens and Sebastien Giovinco couldn't be more different types of players. He's more Knockaert.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I wouldn't exactly describe Dale as an 'attacking' midfielder though, his goals to games ratio rather indicates that. Surely by now, even the Burnley heirarchy must realise that if they are going to prise him away from the Albion in the next few days it is going to require an obscene amount of money.

Much better they wait until the summer and try again when he is out of contract, or better still look elsewhere now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here