Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stephens is better than Kayal.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hull would be a strange move for Dale, being as Mike Phelan is only in temporary charge and the club is in the throws of a takeover by a Chinese consortium (aren't they all ?). You can be pretty sure Phelan won't be in charge for much longer, so where does that leave Stephens if the new manager doesn't fancy him ?

All about the money I suppose.

Not our problem if they offer the right dosh. Stephens gets a pay-rise too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Opinions may differ but the stats say otherwise.

[tweet]770945519216656384[/tweet]

Had he been more prolific he'd be long gone.

Only 6 goals just isn't a decent return from 44 games in central midfield + fook knows how many wayward free kicks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of course it could be that DS, his Agent, TB, CH, Burnley, Hull and ANO are all having very mature professional discussions the way people in charge of multi-million pound negotiations normally do. TB and CH are saying 'we don't want you to go, give it till Jan' DS and Agent are saying 'but it might be my last shot at Premier, I could get injured again and spend another year out', Burnley, Hull, ANO are making offers.

At the end of the day TB and CH have the final say and will sell if they think the deal and replacement are right for the club. If not they won't, CH has always said DS has been extremely professional and DS knuckles down and gives his best till Jan. All very grown up and professional.

But I think NSC is probably right - BURN HIM :angry::angry::angry:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course it could be that DS, his Agent, TB, CH, Burnley, Hull and ANO are all having very mature professional discussions the way people in charge of multi-million pound negotiations normally do. TB and CH are saying 'we don't want you to go, give it till Jan' DS and Agent are saying 'but it might be my last shot at Premier, I could get injured again and spend another year out', Burnley, Hull, ANO are making offers.

At the end of the day TB and CH have the final say and will sell if they think the deal and replacement are right for the club. If not they won't, CH has always said DS has been extremely professional and DS knuckles down and gives his best till Jan. All very grown up and professional.

But I think NSC is probably right - BURN HIM :angry::angry::angry:

Sums it up in a nutshell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking at the bigger picture, how the HELL is this transfer window business allowed to happen 5 games into a season? Why can't they make it 31st July?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Looking at the bigger picture, how the HELL is this transfer window business allowed to happen 5 games into a season? Why can't they make it 31st July?

Because that would be far too sensible in a world of u23 teams, billion pound transfer fees, £250,000 per week players, crooked agents, dodgy owners, Jim White and Sky feckin sports deadline day.

The game's gone.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Opinions may differ but the stats say otherwise.

[tweet]770945519216656384[/tweet]

And those stats put him 22nd best in the Championship last year whereas Norwood was 2nd, ergo a far superior player.

Stats can be used to prove anything.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Because that would be far too sensible in a world of u23 teams, billion pound transfer fees, £250,000 per week players, crooked agents, dodgy owners, Jim White and Sky feckin sports deadline day.

The game's gone.

I wonder what was going through Dale Stephens' head when he woke up this morning?

If he doesn't get his move I imagine his relationship with his agent might be a little awkward.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
He's a. perfessional footballer who wants to play in the premier league to maximise his income.

The vast majority of footballers don't give a Schmidt about the team they play for, it's just another job.

I imagine if he stays he'll be pulling out the stops for us.

Wait til the last minute, maximise the price our club gets.

Remember, only the supporters really care about their clubs; the players not so much.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Too many wayward passes, frequently caught out of position, poor goals per shots ratio, drifted in and out of too many games, too many rash challenges.

How opinions can differ.

CRAP! Stats don't back up your assertions. Goal threat from midfield in career history is Stephens 15%, Sidwell 14% Norwood 7% and Kayal less than that (can't remember might be 7%). cf. Bridcutt 1.3%.

Apart from the goals, the physical presence, abrasion, and set pieces in midfield needed. Couldn't match Newcastle without him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here