Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Could someone precis for me what's happening? I haven't time to wade through all this thread and any separate query as the story evolves will simply be merged into this all-purpose 'Dale Stephens dustbin thread' by some Nazi mod.

1. Stephens reported for training .
2. Hull have tabled a bid .
3. Stephens leaves training early .
4. Brighton & Hove Albion reject bid .
5. ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We've turned down another Burnley bid today.
Stephens hands in a transfer request, we reject it.
Stephens videoing driving off from the training ground while training was continuing. (Apparently)
Hull apparently back in to sign him

Thank you. And you Taybha

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Come on Hull offer 10 million and we can all move on

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just hope TB can keep his nerve for another 10 hours with Hull sniffing around Stephens and Spurs after Sissoko at Newcastle which means they may come in for Knockaert with a big bid.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
:dunce: That is EXACTLY what he is. No more DEPENDABLE centre midfielder in the division.

Too many wayward passes, frequently caught out of position, poor goals per shots ratio, drifted in and out of too many games, too many rash challenges.

How opinions can differ.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just hope TB can keep his nerve for another 10 hours with Hull sniffing around Stephens and Spurs after Sissoko at Newcastle which means they may come in for Knockaert with a big bid.

I wouldn't be overly worried about the Knockeart situation

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
been a bit busy with ''actual work'' so not really had time to read through this thread recently. I get the jist that Stephens apparently left the ground or training. If that all then so what. I think they are not training today. Their days off vary from week to week.

I still don't think he is leaving. I haven't been speaking to anyone so I don't know but if I was CH or TB I wouldn't want him at the ground or the training ground either. I would want him at home with his phone switched off away from all media speculation if I wasn't going to be selling him.

Perhaps we are reading too much into things. If someone tells you a house is haunted, you look for ghosts whether you believe in them or not.

The club have released a video of them training today with Pocognoli.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The club have released a video of them training today with Pocognoli.

It would be due to finish soon then anyhow. Maybe they then just told him to leave early to avoid getting caught up in Press interviews. We can't read too much into things. I really do still think the club will hold firm on all the players who are subject to the transfer speculation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a tad disappointing to get in from work and find this still #1 with no conclusion or, better still, a sexy new striker thread.

double :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hull would be a strange move for Dale, being as Mike Phelan is only in temporary charge and the club is in the throws of a takeover by a Chinese consortium (aren't they all ?). You can be pretty sure Phelan won't be in charge for much longer, so where does that leave Stephens if the new manager doesn't fancy him ?

All about the money I suppose.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hull would be a strange move for Dale, being as Mike Phelan is only in temporary charge and the club is in the throws of a takeover by a Chinese consortium (aren't they all ?). You can be pretty sure Phelan won't be in charge for much longer, so where does that leave Stephens if the new manager doesn't fancy him ?

All about the money I suppose.

Both are going down, so he will be back in the Championship whatever he does. All about the wages, whoever offers the most will get him, I think Burnley will offer another few quid maybe £8mill and he will end up there

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Too many wayward passes, frequently caught out of position, poor goals per shots ratio, drifted in and out of too many games, too many rash challenges.

How opinions can differ.

Opinions may differ but the stats say otherwise.

[tweet]770945519216656384[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports