Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens Summer 2016 shenanigans (Merged Thread)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I hope you are right Bozza, the ramifications of him staying would surely outweigh the benefits now.

We can only hope the club have a suitable replacement lined up and that is a tough ask at this late stage.

For a player to hand a transfer request in at this late stage is shambolic. Cuts deeper when you look back at how the club stuck by him when recovering from serious injury.

Just reading between the lines here and putting 2+2 and probably making 85 ! , but is it possible the club kept his transfer request quiet until now ? .. Not saying they have and purely speculating and putting the theory out there .
i guess its something we will never find out

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone on Twitter has just posted a video outside the training ground of Dale Stephens driving off in a Porsche while training is going on

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WOW! There must be more to this. Bad Blood between the Albion and Burnley behind the flat refusal to accept an offer? Or was Stephens tapped? And after the Pritchard mess, the Albion won't play ball. Well Done Bloom!!!

I reckon Barber has said £10M or nothing.

[tweet]770934528806445056[/tweet]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I bottled it last night waiting for the train home from southend last night i was going to ask our Tony if Dale would be staying , i managed a meek hello then shriveled back into my shell , then blow me down he starts waffling footy to a couple of other Brighton fans , think we now know the answer sadly .

You know what, people moan and whine about being kept in the dark and how bhafc is not our club any more - yet our chairman and saviour travels to a micky mouse cup match on a Tuesday night by train and happily chats to fans who have equally made the effort the travel to the game.

On the day when our chances of promotion this season could be decided things like this make me glad bhafc is my club.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
For sanity, I think it would be better if we could all find something else to keep us busy and take our mind off things.

A young lass is leaving my work today and she put in a request, for her last day treat, to nibble on a nice cheeseboard. We're already 3 quarters through a big lump of cheddar and have some feta and cranberry wensleydale to follow. That should take my mind off things, pad out my jowls, and make for an awful night of nightmares.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just reading between the lines here and putting 2+2 and probably making 85 ! , but is it possible the club kept his transfer request quiet until now ? .. Not saying they have and purely speculating and putting the theory out there .

I genuinely think we would have heard previously if this request was already in place.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Well, it wasn't us who leaked it to Sky this morning. I don't imagine Stephens (or more accurately his agent) would have allowed it to be kept quiet.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm secretly hoping Burnley offer 10mil and we sell him to Hull for 8m.

Twisted I know, but would be a brilliant hand by TB.

Nobody wants to live in Burnley, but Hull is even worse.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well

BREAKING NEWS

Brighton have rejected a sixth bid by Burnley for Dale Stephens, Sky sources understand.

A transfer request from Stephens has also been rejected. The player won't be going to Burnley today, according to our source.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Someone on Twitter has just posted a video outside the training ground of Dale Stephens driving off in a Porsche while training is going on

Why would the players be back training this early during the international break?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would the players be back training this early during the international break?

I thought Stephens needed extra fitness training ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Or actually a Porshe driving along the road. The rest is a little hard to decipher in that vid!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Pocognoci was training at West Brom yesterday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here