Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens signs 4 year contract

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just sifting through all the posts and started thinking back to the QPR away 2-1 win
Stephens was awesome that night and probably the biggest factor for us winning that game other than the 2 goals
Probably the best signing we'll make this summer

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The best news we've had since Wigan, such an influential player who plays with confidence and never seems rushed. The premier league will suit his style of play, although a few straight reds may fly his way next season unless he reigns in a few of those reckless challenges.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This is just such excellent news! I wonder how much it cost. Whatever it cost it was surely worth it. Now if we could only keep Stockdale....

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good news. He needs a strong midfielder alongside him though. Stephens alongside any of our existing midfielders is not strong enough.

I like Sidwell with him. Kayal hasn't reached the levels from the 2015/2016 season. The injury seems to have really affected him in the longer term.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He maybe even better next season, as he has more security with a 4 year deal. He must have been worried about picking up a serious injury this season while not having a contract, although I didn't see any evidence of that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Sidwell with him. Kayal hasn't reached the levels from the 2015/2016 season. The injury seems to have really affected him in the longer term.

Good post. In the PL, 4-5-1 might be required to win the critical CM battle, with a creative attacking player in front of them making up the three in CM.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Quality. Been our most consistently best player.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stephens staying is great news. Really wondered whether we made the right decision in the summer to keep hold of him but he committed fully to the promotion battle and we've returned that with a four year deal, Premier League football and presumably a decent pay rise. Everyone wins (except Burnley).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here