Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Not a mention of Stephens ban on our Official website :facepalm: But Alan Mullery has a book on Kindle! Every cloud :thumbsup:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Time to stop moaning over your keyboards
If you feel as angry about this as the vast majority are then let's all vent our anger with the most passionate night in history at the Amex on Monday, create a siege mentality a hostile environment time to step up to the plate Albion fans
YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU
Yes, but let's not forget to clap the Wednesday fans when the away attendance is announced.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think SW are under the illusion we are only a one man team and have no replacements ,as posted this will galvanize the team, and make us attack even more intently .We know this was a sham the team knows it and so do most intelligent football fans so lets not waste any more energy on this and get behind the team .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is going to be a minority and unpopular view, but I don't like the level of malice in the criticism of Dean (or minded, widening it out, referees in general over decisions like this). It is even arguable as to whether he made a mistake. At the very least Rule 12 on serious foul play, and the interpretation, leaves room for debate and argument.

He didn't award a Boro goal that was three yards offside. He didn't award a Boro penalty that was three yards outside the area. He didn't disallow a Brighton goal that was a yard over.

The issue of intent is irrelevant, so is the fact he touched the ball first, and so is the fact Dean may have changed his mind. We have had a few bad rubs this year, and this was another. But it wasn't the outrageous decision it has been painted, just because it was worth so much money to us.

Has it really cost us promotion? What about not turning up in the first half at Boro when we could easily have been 3 or 4-0 down? What about not beating Derby at home in a 'must-win' game? What about Dunk's month of madness last year? Or all the points we dropped from winning positions?

The fact is the team have performed brilliantly, well above expectation this season - and we would all have bitten anyone's hand off to be in this position. If there is any justice we will go up, we are miles better than Wednesday and we have to prove it again. If Hughton feels using some sense of injustice will help, great, but we shouldn't need that anyway.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
This. Well said [MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION]

We've been wronged. It's happened to others before us. Let's move on.

Talk of conspiracy is ridiculous. It is football life that has happened.

Burnley and Boro are up. They had great seasons and did everything asked of them to be where they are. It was close. Ever so close.

You get what you deserve by fighting for it. Now let us fight.

Let's fight for our team, for our club, for Brighton. Let's fight by turning up en masse on Friday and Monday and by getting behind the team.

Let's fight through the noise we can make. Let's make that noise about every player on the pitch. Let's let them know that we have faith in them. Our noise should be about them, nobody else.

YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU

Sent from my iPhone using blancmange

I am as angry as the next fan over this injustice but well said.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He didn't award a Boro goal that was three yards offside. He didn't award a Boro penalty that was three yards outside the area. He didn't disallow a Brighton goal that was a yard over.

The issue of intent is irrelevant, so is the fact he touched the ball first, and so is the fact Dean may have changed his mind. We have had a few bad rubs this year, and this was another. But it wasn't the outrageous decision it has been painted, just because it was worth so much money to us.

Yeah. It was. But thanks for taking the trouble.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
My anger is turning into fire in my belly.

So well up for Friday now.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah. It was. But thanks for taking the trouble.

Maybe take the trouble to read the laws? Just a thought.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is going to be a minority and unpopular view, but I don't like the level of malice in the criticism of Dean (or minded, widening it out, referees in general over decisions like this). It is even arguable as to whether he made a mistake. At the very least Rule 12 on serious foul play, and the interpretation, leaves room for debate and argument.

Has it really cost us promotion? What about not turning up in the first half at Boro when we could easily have been 3 or 4-0 down? What about not beating Derby at home in a 'must-win' game? What about Dunk's month of madness last year? Or all the points we dropped from winning positions?

The fact is the team have performed brilliantly, well above expectation this season - and we would all have bitten anyone's hand off to be in this position. If there is any justice we will go up, we are miles better than Wednesday and we have to prove it again. If Hughton feels using some sense of injustice will help, great, but we shouldn't need that anyway.

I'm weary but three points:

1. Stephens didn't touch the ball first. He touched the ball. Ramirez didn't have it.
2. We weren't 3 or 4-0 down. It was 1-1. We were in the ascendancy.
3. No one will be able to say it cost us promotion. For a start we may still get promoted. But it did severely hamper our chances on Saturday and leaves us weakened for the play-offs. It certainly hasn't helped our promotion prospects.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

Jeez if we cant vent our disapproval or frustrations on our own fans forum then where can we ...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm weary but three points:

1. Stephens didn't touch the ball first. He touched the ball. Ramirez didn't have it.
2. We weren't 3 or 4-0 down. It was 1-1. We were in the ascendancy.
3. No one will be able to say it cost us promotion. For a start we may still get promoted. But it did severely hamper our chances on Saturday and leaves us weakened for the play-offs. It certainly hasn't helped our promotion prospects.

1. Irrelevant, as stated, to what happens after.
2. We could have been 3-0 up if we'd turned up at the start.
3. Over 46 games, in a match we went on draw with 10 men, a drop in the ocean.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Jeez if we cant vent our disapproval or frustrations on our own fans forum then where can we ...

Exactly. I find it funny that Boro fans are coming on here and are all over the BHAFC hashtag saying get over it as well. This is our place to vent. I was hoping that knowing the FA wouldn't do the right thing would make it easier but when I heard the appeal was rejected, I was angry all over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here