Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's infuriating that the FA/FL won't apply common sense, listen to reason or admit fault. ...They'll just close ranks and prove AGAIN that the game is rotten from top to bottom. .

Will they ? What explains then all the times they've overturned suspensions in the Premier League this season. ?
Suspensions are overturned on a fairly regularly basis even when the ref is, yes, a certain Mr. Mike Dean
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-gabriel-red-card-against-6494435

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Rosenior could fill in that midfield spot and bring Bong in at left-back.

I also seem to remember Bruno playing a couple of games last season in midfield and being pretty good. Then Rosenior in at right-back.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ince - NO - Fulham hold his registration until 30th June
JFC - NO - Ditto, MK Dons

Crofts - yes in theory, although he returned early from Gillingham injured.
Holla --yes, in theory, though he hasn't even been training with the first team recently, apparently

So the only available '5 man midfield' (unless Crofts IS fit), is:

<winger> Sidwell Kayal Towell <winger>

Thanks for this. There is also the option that Hughton goes with a 4-4-1-1 formation for the away leg, with probably Knockaert playing in the hole, if not Murphy or Skalak. At least one of those will play on the wing, with KLL and Rosenoir (if Bong plays at left-back) also options, leaving Kayal and Sidwell in central midfield.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If Stephens' appeal is rejected, do we even HAVE five available midfielders?

Can Rosenior play in central midfield, given that he can seemingly play everywhere else? Bong back in at LB, Rosenior playing further forward? It's definitely not something I'd suggest doing, but if we're just talking about what options are available...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Liam Rosenior could easily play centre mid alongside Kayal with Bong coming in at left back.

Congratulations. I award you the 'MentalAsBensGrandad' badge of honour.

Rosenior has NEVER played centre midfield - I doubt he will 'debut' there in a play off semi final.

Bong at left back, Liam to right back, and BRUNO at centre midfield is more likely, if it really came to that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Congratulations. I award you both the 'MentalAsBensGrandad' badge of honour.

Rosenior has NEVER played centre midfield - I doubt he will 'debut' there in a play off semi final.

Bong at left back, Liam to right back, and BRUNO at centre midfield is more likely, if it really came to that.
Exactly. I think you may have also highlighted my 'source' :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Congratulations. I award you the 'MentalAsBensGrandad' badge of honour.
Jesus that's harsh, and sparkie didn't even say centre midfield.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had heard Danny Holla wasn't even in England.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I had heard Danny Holla wasn't even in England.

That is definitely NOT the case.

His (very fit) wife is always busy on instagram, posting daily pictures of them in the coffee shops of Brighton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would only put LR in midfield to do a specific man marking job on Bannon and I am sure that he is such an accomplished adaptable player he could do the job. Stop Bannon and you stop the supply to Hooper and Forestiere. The only player we have who could do a similar job is Crofts.

quizzicaleyebrow

Mar 10, 2011
Just found this in the FA's standard procedures for claims of wrongful dismissal:

"As a general guide, the following schedule will apply:
Match Day....Notice of Claim...Claim Lodged...Commission
Fri/Sat/Sun...Monday............... Tuesday...........Thursday"

If so, the club had until two hours ago to get all the statements and DVD in to the FA. Also:

"The Claim will be determined based on video and/or DVD and written evidence only.
None of the Match Officials nor the Club or Player are entitled to be present or represented
at the Regulatory Commission."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Does anyone have a clue when the FA are going to announce.....feckin something!
(Which may or not include news that Dean has been downgraded to the Ryman League DIv 2)

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 18h18 hours ago
For those asking, Albion were hoping to hear appeal outcome today. Looks like tomorrow now. Obviously relevant to preps for Friday. #bhafc

so, sometime today hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here