[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The season is days away 11..

Yeah but we won't have our transfer business done until the evening the transfer window closes, it's weeks away!

We need to start worrying if everything looks dodgy on 30 August is the perceived wisdom of the sages on NSC, not a day earlier :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah but we won't have our transfer business done until the evening the transfer window closes, it's weeks away!

We need to start worrying if everything looks dodgy on 30 August is the perceived wisdom of the sages on NSC, not a day earlier :wink:

Perhaps just don't worry....unless of course you think the club aren't bothered?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps just don't worry....unless of course you think the club aren't bothered?

Of course they're bothered, doesn't mean the outcome is going to be ideal though does it? Not a worry or a moan just an observation,

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't agree that Stephens would be 'more replaceable' at all.

To find someone who has the potential to combine with Kayal as well as Dale, and who contributes goals… within 5 weeks. I don't think so.

We need to keep them both, not just one, both.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My guess is that there is a £6m threshold with Stephens. Beyond that we are risking an unsettled player who wants higher level football and also resources that will not be available later.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
My guess is that there is a £6m threshold with Stephens. Beyond that we are risking an unsettled player who wants higher level football and also resources that will not be available later.

Burnley's board/owners are under increasing pressure from fans (they will be ignored) to make some decent signings after farting about all summer with derisory low bids for players.

A week or so a go, Sean Dyche was urging PATIENCE but on Thursday he lost his normal cool and there was a headline in the local paper virtually saying....."Dyche tells Burnley board to pull finger out over transfers".

The actual quote from Dyche was ..."I have spoken with the chairman (Mike Garlick) and told him we need players in quickly. I trust him so now it's up to the chairman to sort it out."

Reading between the lines, the Burnley board will have to pay more than they want for some players or have to deal with a "pissed off" manager who has the sympathy of 95% of BFC fans.

It should have become obvious to the Burnley owners by now that you simply don't get bargains in the Premier League - all clubs have to pay over the odds...not the player's true value.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Burnley's board/owners are under increasing pressure from fans (they will be ignored) to make some decent signings after farting about all summer with derisory low bids for players.

A week or so a go, Sean Dyche was urging PATIENCE but on Thursday he lost his normal cool and there was a headline in the local paper virtually saying....."Dyche tells Burnley board to pull finger out over transfers".

The actual quote from Dyche was ..."I have spoken with the chairman (Mike Garlick) and told him we need players in quickly. I trust him so now it's up to the chairman to sort it out."

Reading between the lines, the Burnley board will have to pay more than they want for some players or have to deal with a "pissed off" manager who has the sympathy of 95% of BFC fans.

It should have become obvious to the Burnley owners by now that you simply don't get bargains in the Premier League - all clubs have to pay over the odds...not the player's true value.

Who is Burnley's first choice.... Hendrick or Stephens or Both ?

I have to say Burnley are showing so little ambition I would not be in a rush to go to them if I was either of these players.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

We should hold off for £10m for Stephens then. Any less and i'd rather we take the gamble. If it works and we get promoted he probably signs a new contract anyway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Incredible if Dale Stephens becomes our record transfer for a player sold

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If it was Leo style. He'd have been whisked up to Lancashire in a taxi 48 hours ago. Instead he was er, at home in Hassocks on Saturday (according to reports on here), the club are saying he's playing on Tuesday and there are various reports saying we rejected the last offer from Burnley over a week ago.

Sorry I hate to say it but he will go.......The club has rejected bids....not said he is not for sale. A club, maybe not Burnley will bid a fee what the club would be happy with and he will leave. The only way he will stay if the bidding clubs do not match our valuation of him. The size of the fees been rejected suggest to me they are close. He will not be a Brighton player by the end of the week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry I hate to say it but he will go.......The club has rejected bids....not said he is not for sale. A club, maybe not Burnley will bid a fee what the club would be happy with and he will leave. The only way he will stay if the bidding clubs do not match our valuation of him. The size of the fees been rejected suggest to me they are close. He will not be a Brighton player by the end of the week.

We'll wait and see, if we actually get any bids, that the club will accept.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports