[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Stephens and Kayal play bloody well together. They are a midfield pairing. The problem, for both of them, and us, is that they are probably better players together/collectively than individually although they'd never admit it.

Even if we get gazillions (relatively) for Stephens the (double) problem will be finding someone who is not only as good as Stephens but also complements Kayal.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tomorrow is the last chance for Stephens to get 90 minutes in his legs as against Lazio we surely have to start Sodwell (or Towell) and Kayal as a pairing ahead of the Derby game which Stephens will sit out

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor confirming a source has told him Palace is in for Stephens.
[tweet]757485804138663936[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Naylor confirming a source has told him Palace is in for Stephens.
[tweet]757485804138663936[/tweet]

This is going to turn out well :rolleyes:

We just need Bournemouth or Palace to come back for Dunk.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have heard it is Palace..Are they taking the piss? Im sure they do it just to piss us off!

They do. The juvenile attitude that we see from palace fans on NSC also goes right up to Selhurst board level and is demonstrated by stunts like this

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The club will be one step ahead though. If we get a decent price, too good to turn down, they're not going to be like 's##t, now we've got to look for a replacement.' I'm sure that search would have started some time ago to cover all possibilities

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ignore the Palace link. They do this with all our players to help distract from their ridiculous transfer strategy this summer and to keep Pardew off the front page.
The derisory nature of their bid for Dunk is an example of no intent to actually sign.
I do believe we will lose him this august however. It'll be tough but we'll be well compensated and I trust we'll source a suitable replacement.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ignore the Palace link. They do this with all our players to help distract from their ridiculous transfer strategy this summer and to keep Pardew off the front page.
The derisory nature of their bid for Dunk is an example of no intent to actually sign.
I do believe we will lose him this august however. It'll be tough but we'll be well compensated and I trust we'll source a suitable replacement.

And your thoughts on what'll happen to Stephens?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Basically we need to start signing some of our own ****ing players and I dont mean FFS or Sidwell in the twilight of his career or some U21s for the future. Season starts in less than 2 weeks. Are we back to the Burke days where we sell the family silver a few days before the season starts.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Are we back to the Burke days where we sell the family silver a few days before the season starts.

Considering we haven't even accepted any bids, let alone sold anyone then i'm gonna go with 'no'.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Don't care where he goes as long as the money is right.

I'd take £8 million for sure. He's a good player at this level (whether he'd do well at PL level is a different matter) but I don't think he is worth much more than £3-4million in reality.

It'll be a minor setback to lose him but nothing compared to the impact losing Kayal would have. The way I see it, Stephens is replaceable for the kind of money being mentioned, Kayal isn't.

Let's just hope that if he is going to go, he goes ASAP so we can bring in a replacement and don't end up with Holla starting v Derby..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Basically we need to start signing some of our own ****ing players and I dont mean FFS or Sidwell in the twilight of his career or some U21s for the future. Season starts in less than 2 weeks. Are we back to the Burke days where we sell the family silver a few days before the season starts.

We haven't sold anyone.

You can't stop people bidding.

The season isn't days away.

Calm down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't care where he goes as long as the money is right.

I'd take £8 million for sure. He's a good player at this level (whether he'd do well at PL level is a different matter) but I don't think he is worth much more than £3-4million in reality.

It'll be a minor setback to lose him but nothing compared to the impact losing Kayal would have. The way I see it, Stephens is replaceable for the kind of money being mentioned, Kayal isn't.

Let's just hope that if he is going to go, he goes ASAP so we can bring in a replacement and don't end up with Holla starting v Derby..

Stephens won't be starting against Derby in the unlikely event that he's still an Albion player anyway.

theboybilly

As a Brighton fan I definitely would..He can afford to and he is a Brighton fan.

The way I see it is any Premier League club bidding should be fleeced no matter who they are. There's a huge stash of cash burning a hole in Pardew's pocket that he doesn't seem to be able to spend so let's help him along on his way (providing we are willing to sell) I hope Palace pay double, even treble the real value of every player they buy.
Having said all that though I hope Dale stays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports