Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Am I the only one who thinks that is good money for us. Yes he was superb for us at times last year but I don't think he will be such a great loss as Kayal or Knocky would be.

I don't think we can answer that until we see who his replacement will be.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
IF that IS true then thanks for the memories Dale, £7mill for a player with a year left in his contract is great business for the club. Remember, this is not Ulloa. I hate Burnley I really, really do.

Good amount of money and hope it goes into buying those two missing pieces, in a good striker and central defender. Get these two positions in and I think we are in for a very good season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don't think we can answer that until we see who his replacement will be.
Perhaps there is no replacement, we didn't exactly struggle against Derby, only in the scoring department. Up the money for a proven striker I say.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that is good money for us. Yes he was superb for us at times last year but I don't think he will be such a great loss as Kayal or Knocky would be.

Absolutely he was a key player for us especially last year but £7mil for a player entering the last year of his contract is fantastic money. I don't want to see him go, I like him, but with Norwood already on board the club have done well. He clearly wants to go so we have to accept that!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You really think so?

Yes I have done from the day we signed him permanently. I imagine the massive bid we had fro Pritchard was to be funded to a large degree by the money for Stephens. That is a complete guess btw and could easily be bollocks

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So we have the prospect of our opening home league game with no trains, no dale and a failed transfer coup.

This doesn't sit well with me, and yet another season where we can't hold onto the players that will make the difference between automatics and failing at the playoffs.

We are now 3 players short again, 20 days away from the window and unlike last year, anybody coming in will not have had a pre-season to integrate.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If true rthat would explain the signing of Norwood and even the bid for Prtitchard.

Not a reliable page, although anything north of £6m is good business in the circumstances.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Perhaps there is no replacement, we didn't exactly struggle against Derby, only in the scoring department. Up the money for a proven striker I say.

The trouble with upping the money is that the wages are normally correlated to the transfer fee... The higher the fee the higher the wages. We have a structure that I doubt we will break for one player. That causes disharmony before too long.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So we have the prospect of our opening home league game with no trains, no dale and a failed transfer coup.

This doesn't sit well with me, and yet another season where we can't hold onto the players that will make the difference between automatics and failing at the playoffs.

We are now 3 players short again, 20 days away from the window and unlike last year, anybody coming in will not have had a pre-season to integrate.

We didn't have Stephens on Saturday. No reason why we cannot cope.

The player who comes in will probably have had a pre-season elsewhere.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Absolutely he was a key player for us especially last year but £7mil for a player entering the last year of his contract is fantastic money. I don't want to see him go, I like him, but with Norwood already on board the club have done well. He clearly wants to go so we have to accept that!

Nail on head. I think we have had an excellent deal there.

Jan 10, 2014
Why is it that the crystal balls that some posters on here own, only partially work and are not fully operational?

Example - Burnley will be relegated but Brighton could/may win promotion.

I'd take it back and get one that works properly.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes I have done from the day we signed him permanently. I imagine the massive bid we had fro Pritchard was to be funded to a large degree by the money for Stephens. That is a complete guess btw and could easily be bollocks

Fair enough, I hope Sidwell has enough in the tank to last the majority of the season.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why is it that the crystal balls that some posters on here own, only partially work and are not fully operational?

Example - Burnley will be relegated but Brighton could/may win promotion.

I'd take it back and get one that works properly.

Someone touched a nerve? You must be one of the favourites to go down and we are one of the favourites to go up! Do the Maths...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Premier League - £150 million.
Dale Stephens - £7 million

Tony needs to play the gamble and turn down the offer.
Dale only cost £750k so if he leaves for nothing so what.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here