Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kayal hopes Stephens stays, while not signing his new contract. Interesting

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All Burnley seem to do is unsettle us with annoying regularity.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
One of the most pointless 'nothing' stories I've read in quite some time....

So player is asked: 'Would you like your midfield partner to stay for the new season?"

He replies: "Yes I would like him to stay."

It's not exactly a PLEA is it? And let's face it, Kayal is hardly going to say, "No, he's hugely overrated, overpaid and I think as a club we can do better. Sell him."

IS HE?? Well?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Dyche interviewed on SSN after their friendly last night, intro says they have had bids rejected for Hendrick and Stephens:

"WE KNOW WHO OUR TARGETS ARE...
...it's with the Chairman....
...money is tight....{yeah, right}
NEED TO DOT THE i'S AND CROSS THE t'S......"

**** off you ginger mess!

PG

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It stinks of Burnley thinking they can go bargain hunting whilst their pockets are stuffed with bundles of 50's.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Dyche interviewed on SSN after their friendly last night, intro says they have had bids rejected for Hendrick and Stephens:

PG

Money is tight, yeah ok. Remember him saying last season they've still got money from relegation from the Premiership. Not to sure who he's trying to kid with that statement.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Money is tight, yeah ok. Remember him saying last season they've still got money from relegation from the Premiership. Not to sure who he's trying to kid with that statement.

He's trying to get the best deal for his club but if he thinks either us or Derby are going to be influenced by his comments, then he is deluded. They will need to pay big for either Stephens or Hendrick and I'm not sure they will. I don't think Stephens will leave to be honest as we've clearly got a high valuation on him and it may well be too high for clubs to justify when he has no Premier League experience and only one year left on his contract.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

PG
If money is tight it can only be because they're already planning for the Championship next year :nono:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I am a Burnley fan obviously but if Dyche says "money is tight" he is lying through his teeth.......if he said: "My chairman is a tightwad" he would be telling the TRUTH.

Burnley made £30 million profit in their PL season two years ago and they got £24 million parachute money last season.

The truth is all teams have to pay OVER the odds if they really want a player. Burnley want "over the odds" for Keane, so it about time they paid over the odds for their targets. Charlton were desperate (or stupid) and we were lucky to get Gudmunsson for a mere £2.5 million (with a few add-ons).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a Burnley fan obviously but if Dyche says "money is tight" he is lying through his teeth.......if he said: "My chairman is a tightwad" he would be telling the TRUTH.

Burnley made £30 million profit in their PL season two years ago and they got £24 million parachute money last season.

The truth is all teams have to pay OVER the odds if they really want a player. Burnley want "over the odds" for Keane, so it about time they paid over the odds for their targets. Charlton were desperate (or stupid) and we were lucky to get Gudmunsson for a mere £2.5 million (with a few add-ons).

I was told from a good source that all the players wages doubled when they were promoted last time and stayed at that for 1 year in The Championship so presumably they will have stayed at that rate with promotion this time or even possibly increased as a bonus. This would partially explain the shortage of cash at the moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Richie Towell is 25 and scored 43 goals in 96 appearances from midfield for Dundalk before signing for us. He would appear to be Stephens' understudy, the question is whether or not he is good enough to fill Stephens' boots.

I'm very keen for us to bring in a quality forward and time is getting on...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Richie Towell is 25 and scored 43 goals in 96 appearances from midfield for Dundalk before signing for us. He would appear to be Stephens' understudy, the question is whether or not he is good enough to fill Stephens' boots.

No where near. Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out and eventually sold

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Towell with his lack of experience at this level is someone you would perhaps start to see on the bench more regularly and being introduced when we have a game sewn up ..not really in the same class as Stephens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here