Daily Mail - Racism Row - "just put up with it and get on with the game"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why is he having a pop at Anton, who as far as i can tell hasnt said anything on the matter.

nor made a complaint.

the who issue has been created by one dopey twat on youtube. this was on the back page of the Standard last night, rather than the fact QPR beat Chelsea. wtf is that about. someone makes something up, the accused has to defend themselves, the "victim" doesnt say a dickie bird, though has to have discussions with the club about it. is there nothing more important in the world to be writing about?

i know people make stuff up and spread it around the internet for wind ups and laughs, but this is silly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Mail really don't help themselves.

Not only is it a ridiculous article and take on the issue - but both cases are much too far from being proven to be even attempting to write this kind of piece.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Gotta love the Mail.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
why is he having a pop at Anton, who as far as i can tell hasnt said anything on the matter.

nor made a complaint.

the who issue has been created by one dopey twat on youtube. this was on the back page of the Standard last night, rather than the fact QPR beat Chelsea. wtf is that about. someone makes something up, the accused has to defend themselves, the "victim" doesnt say a dickie bird, though has to have discussions with the club about it. is there nothing more important in the world to be writing about?

this.

why? because he's a wanker.

Love how the article starts off condemning another country for racism, and then goes on to say, we've heard enough about it in this country, to the point of 'boredom'.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
no surprise, but people saying Ferdinand has not said anything, QPR and Anton have been intalks for 2 days about there next step

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Weren't we the scum of the earth about two weeks ago for calling Bellamy a sheep shagger?

And two weeks on, black players should stop complaining about being racially abused?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Astounding.

The basis of the article:
Spain are more racist so thats ok
We used to be bad but it's got a bit better
John terry is a nasty man anyway so it's no suprise
Once a man apologised for his racist slur so that was a good sign
Because its not as bad as it used to be we should just leave it.

GOOD WORK

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Weren't we the scum of the earth about two weeks ago for calling Bellamy a sheep shagger?

And two weeks on, black players should stop complaining about being racially abused?

Bellamy is a sheep shagger, the Welsh are all sheep shaggers, you only have to look at there women to Know that it`s a fact.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Another quality article from a quality newspaper.

Not.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Cant see a problem than you grauniad readers looking for something the whine about.

Try putting the article in its context.

"When we read about British footballers levelling complaints of racism against each other, it’s worth making the comparison with what passes as everyday behaviour in a nearby country we are often invited to admire.

This just draws a comparison. He goes on to say how things change.

"So, Mr Evra and Mr Ferdinand, I know you feel insulted. But perhaps in this case you could just put up with it and get on with the game
"

He says in this case, he is acusing footballers of being petty. To me hes right. Sledging is sledging, just because its racial does not justify outbreaks of hysterical outrage unless you are an oversensative leftwing fucknut.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He says in this case, he is acusing footballers of being petty. To me hes right. Sledging is sledging, just because its racial does not justify outbreaks of hysterical outrage unless you are an oversensative leftwing fucknut.

Label me an oversensitive left wing fucknut if you must but I think it's perfectly justified. Bringing any sort of personal context to the insult (such as colour, sexuality) takes it out of the realms of sledging, for me anyway.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Label me an oversensitive left wing fucknut if you must but I think it's perfectly justified. Bringing any sort of personal context to the insult (such as colour, sexuality) takes it out of the realms of sledging, for me anyway.

Now THAT is just a typical response from an oversensitive left wing fucknut. You'll be saying Big Ron's a racist next...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports