Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Got it on now. No doubt will be calm and dull from this point....

Unlikely, it is almost mano a mano all ready. Nibali is the only one with a team mate. Almost hope Kruijswijk loses some time today, just to put the race back in jeopardy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are smashing it.

I'm still not convinced Nibs can bring this home.
Steven K is so impressive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nor is Nibali!

Boy he does fight though.
No point fighting right up until the final 15kms.

I was just about to sing Bob Jungles praises, but Kelly seems to have just beaten me too it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Cant watch it at work, so having to make do with text updates on the Eurosport website every couple of minutes...this was the last one!

"The deficit is growing for Nibali, who clearly doesn't have the legs in this race. He and Pozzovivo look like a couple of overweight club riders on a Sunday jolly"

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Cant watch it at work, so having to make do with text updates on the Eurosport website every couple of minutes...this was the last one!

"The deficit is growing for Nibali, who clearly doesn't have the legs in this race. He and Pozzovivo look like a couple of overweight club riders on a Sunday jolly"

Sure they do...

End of my ride today, struggling up Dyke Road, that is an overweight club rider on a Sunday jolly :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unfortunately I was only able only to read about the chaos on the first climb via the live ticker. Was back in time to watch it from a good few k before the Chaves group got back on though.

Fantastic stage again! Pretty safe to say for sure now that Nibs' legs have gone. It's going to take some effort from anyone to dislodge the flying Dutchman judging by the way he withstood attacks from all quarters today. Chapeau to him because it's not as if he has a super strong team around him. Race still not over though with 3 more mountain stages to come. If Firsanov was stronger I could half see a Russian alliance with Zakarin being the best chance of a surprise GC shake up, but as it is I can't see that happening.

Brilliant Giro so far. I think Modolo should win tomorrow's stage with his eyes closed. There's barely a sprinter left in the race!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think this line is worth sharing :lolol:

"Is the finish wide enough to fit Zaka's elbows and Kruijkswijk shoulders?"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In fairness to them when he came in from school part of my race description to jnr went something like this:-

'...then they hit a 15% short sharp shock of a climb and suddenly Nibali looked like errr, well, ummm I guess he looked like me'. :lol:

Team Stat did rather well today :whistle:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In fairness to them when he came in from school part of my race description to jnr went something like this:-

'...then they hit a 15% short sharp shock of a climb and suddenly Nibali looked like errr, well, ummm I guess he looked like me'. :lol:

Team Stat did rather well today :whistle:

Yep, 452 pts today. Pretty good. I only managed 472 :whistle:

Anyway, it's between you and Pogue now. I'll be happy if I can hold off 1066 yoof for a podium spot.

BTW, how is junior doing with that wrist? Healing ok? And how did you get on with the club?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, 452 pts today. Pretty good. I only managed 472 :whistle:

Anyway, it's between you and Pogue now. I'll be happy if I can hold off 1066 yoof for a podium spot.

BTW, how is junior doing with that wrist? Healing ok? And how did you get on with the club?
Hopefully the cast comes off in a week.
After a couple more wholly unsatisfactory conversations we seem to have made some progress.
The club says they are getting a bit more 'serious' over such issues.
Thanks for asking.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hopefully the cast comes off in a week.
After a couple more wholly unsatisfactory conversations we seem to have made some progress.
The club says they are getting a bit more 'serious' over such issues.
Thanks for asking.

That's good, sounds likes progress on both fronts then. Hope he's as right as ninepence soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What a crap break... just three in it! A decent dozen out front and it may have survived with few sprinter teams there to control things.

As it stands it's a nailed on Modolo win. Really should have lumped on him last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a crap break... just three in it! A decent dozen out front and it may have survived with few sprinter teams there to control things.

As it stands it's a nailed on Modolo win. Really should have lumped on him last night.

I wouldn't be so sure.
Nizzolo keeps getting the better of Modolo in the scrap for places.

Unless of course your doing Fantasy reverse psychology.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wouldn't be so sure.
Nizzolo keeps getting the better of Modolo in the scrap for places.

Unless of course your doing Fantasy reverse psychology.

:wink:

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
Sorry to hijack this thread i'm after a garmin 500 with a cadence sensor and hrm for junior. if you know anyone who maybe looking to sell could you let me know. thanks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry to hijack this thread i'm after a garmin 500 with a cadence sensor and hrm for junior. if you know anyone who maybe looking to sell could you let me know. thanks
This is hardly a hijack - welcome.

If none of the Geeks have one kicking about you could always try:-

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40108
Obviously ebay & Gumtree.

But with Garmin being the market leader and pretty much bombproof even the second hand market comes at a premium.
If you see a bargain you need to act quickly.

Failing that you might find a discounted bargain new from somewhere like Wiggle or Chain Reaction.
Keep an eye on CR this weekend as they do love a bank holiday sale.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Got my 810 on a website called Handtec.co.uk. Have a look on there.

Last edited:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Would you mind putting the link on again for the fantasy league? I'm too scared to search for "fantasy"!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone watching? Or are you all out on your bikes?

I have Busato at 33-1 today 25 whole pence wagered!

Also Colbrelli at 22-1 but we can forgot that, the break will definitely stay away today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here