Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wow! That was incredible. Tomorrow will be epic, three maybe four can win it, now.

I may have to change my user name to Nibali after that. What a hero.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow! That was incredible. Tomorrow will be epic, three maybe four can win it, now.

It certainly was.

It'll be fascinating just watching energy levels.
None of them looked to be holding anything back for tomorrow, and yet they've got to do it again.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton

I had £5 ew on Kruijswijk at 33/1 at the start of the giro, absolutely gutted. Didn't expect that today, I had already spent the winnings in my head as well as he looked so strong. Should of known better.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Just finished watching highlights show.

As you say, fantastic stage because it's blown the race wide open in one fail swoop. Kruijswijk hasn't looked the best descending in this Giro, but I honestly didn't think he'd be under pressure today as the descent was in no way technical to what we've had. Be a shame for him to lose the Giro this way, if he does, but that's all part of racing. Same goes for Zakarin really. Shame to crash out, but descending is a weakness for him too.

As much as it would be nice to see a Chaves or Kruijswijk Giro win tomorrow, a Nibs heroic comeback wouldn't disappoint me at all to be honest. Less gutsy riders might have given up after that MTT disaster.

Even more excited than ever now for tomorrow's stage!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I had £5 ew on Kruijswijk at 33/1 at the start of the giro, absolutely gutted. Didn't expect that today, I had already spent the winnings in my head as well as he looked so strong. Should of known better.

Just keep everything crossed for tomorrow. It's not over yet. At least you should get an e/w place at the worst, so nice betting.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

It's at times like this that I wish I was a betting man.

I fancied Chaves from the start. I almost hope that he doesn't win, so that I don't have to think about what might have been.

Almost, but not quite.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Just keep everything crossed for tomorrow. It's not over yet. At least you should get an e/w place at the worst, so nice betting.

True but in my head I had £200+ winnings to collect so I will be disappointed with an ew payout now (greedy I know). I am worried that injury / mentally he will be affected tomorrow and fall off the podium completely, let's hope not.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
It's at times like this that I wish I was a betting man.

I fancied Chaves from the start. I almost hope that he doesn't win, so that I don't have to think about what might have been.

Almost, but not quite.

Funnily enough I considered doing a bet on Chaves last night as a cover but decided against it as thought I cant be that unlucky.

Also had ew on Zakarin - talk about a bad day ☹️

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh well Fantasy was fun while it lasted.

Nearly 3 weeks of racing, from last to almost first, only to lose everything in the space of 5 minutes.

What disappointment I have from Zakarin's crash is tempered slightly by signs of life from Kudus at long last. According to the live ticker, he tried getting in the break today (although so did half the peloton :lol:) Looking good for another go tomorrow then, along with Firsanov hopefully. Never know, Boem might even have a last hurrah, although he won't be able to stay away for a stage win unlike the other two could.

All things considered, I'll be happy with a podium spot and some breakaway excitement.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
True but in my head I had £200+ winnings to collect so I will be disappointed with an ew payout now (greedy I know). I am worried that injury / mentally he will be affected tomorrow and fall off the podium completely, let's hope not.

I've just read that he broke a rib today and may be a DNS tomorrow :( Bloody gutsy ride today then because he must have been in agony.

Really can't see him giving up now though. Surely he'll start by hook or by crook, even if he knows the injury will mean he may just be limiting losses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My mate Phil might come along on Monday, I promised you'd all play nice even though he's a #****.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not sure why William Hill won't allow a 50p ew bet on Kudus today @250-1. Seems odd that they set a maximum of 32p ew. They accepted 50p ew on Firsanov @ 66-1.

I can't work that out as the balance is there to cover it. Only putting them on so I don't kick myself if they come in. Probably break won't take the stage today anyway as too much at stake on GC.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kruijswijk starts today :)

Live coverage begins at 12.00. Stage starts at 11.45.

I think it's fair to say I'm a tad excited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here