Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, I was just grumpy earlier, I think this too.

Froome is looking cooked and hopefully more likey to get in line behind Wiggo for the TDF
Yeah, a big money move, this year, is looking less likely by the minute.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not forgetting:-

93 pages from Le Tour.
39 pages from the Olympics
8 pages about Lance.

Plus numerous Wiggo threads.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Could the Tour of Spain be a longer term goal for Froome and he getting the measure

Chris Froome told the Vuelta's official website: "I like the atmosphere of La Vuelta a España more than the Tour de France. I like the Spanish culture and the attitude of the people. Spectators have many Spanish riders to encourage and they also encourage me. That helps me to keep my motivation high even though I'm a little tired."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nope.
No elite cyclist targets anything over Le Tour, unless they are Spanish or Italian.

He's just saying the right thing at the right time.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Could the Tour of Spain be a longer term goal for Froome and he getting the measure

Chris Froome told the Vuelta's official website: "I like the atmosphere of La Vuelta a España more than the Tour de France. I like the Spanish culture and the attitude of the people. Spectators have many Spanish riders to encourage and they also encourage me. That helps me to keep my motivation high even though I'm a little tired."

Good PR from Froome. Last year the fans were shouting," if you win, we kill you"!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From the riders in this break, Lastras for the win please.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Here we go, game on, Saxo put the hammer down at the base of this final climb.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Solid scoring from me considering I didn't have anyone in the break - only people that everyone else has though.

No surprise Froome's schedule has started to take its toll on him.

I felt sure 1066 would have piedra!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not much for me today.

And by not much I mean NOTHING :down:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
4, 11, 12, 13, 18 and 19 for me today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
None in the break for me again. But yes, just like everyone else, solid scoring from the stage placings outside of the break.

Great to watch the Contador v J Rod cat and mouse game there. No doubt Bertie is feeling he's running out of options here having tried a slightly different tact today :lolol: Really really hope J Rod can hold out tomorrow too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
4, 11, 12, 13, 18 and 19 for me today.

Ooh, man in the break eh?, good work :clap2: Nice to see you back on here.

11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19 for me.

Edit: I note your breakaway man also scooped up all the mountains points today too, so very nice work.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ooh, man in the break eh?, good work :clap2: Nice to see you back on here.

11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 19 for me.

Edit: I note your breakaway man also scooped up all the mountains points today too, so very nice work.

Indeed, nice to get a good score. This vuelta has been a bit of a disaster for me thus far. I've been off this thread as I have had a lot of work on the last two weeks but I am off tomorrow so will be post whoring all day. Hopefully I will get another in the breakaway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed, nice to get a good score. This vuelta has been a bit of a disaster for me thus far. I've been off this thread as I have had a lot of work on the last two weeks but I am off tomorrow so will be post whoring all day. Hopefully I will get another in the breakaway.
You have been seriously missed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
11 12 13 15 & 16.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I still have just over a weeks holiday to take before Christmas, so I'll see if I can wrangle tomorrow afternoon off for the big stage and Tuesday so I can use the rest day for one last day out with the kids before they go back to school. Here's hoping.

With you back on board, SB always off for the afternoons, Sam & Horton usually able to get online at work, plus others in tow hopefully, we could send the post count through the roof tomorrow :)

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I still have just over a weeks holiday to take before Christmas, so I'll see if I can wrangle tomorrow afternoon off for the big stage and Tuesday so I can use the rest day for one last day out with the kids before they go back to school. Here's hoping.

With you back on board, SB always off for the afternoons, Sam & Horton usually able to get online at work, plus others in tow hopefully, we could send the post count through the roof tomorrow :)

More like spending the rest day trawling wiki and rider's blogs for the last few stages!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I might work late. :rotlf::lol::laugh::lolol::laugh::whistle::lolol::laugh::vuvu:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
More like spending the rest day trawling wiki and rider's blogs for the last few stages!
Nope, I'll be wanting to save something to do for my evenings entertainment :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here