Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well that was some stage AGAIN. If this is now clean racing next season could be epic

Wiggins
Froome
Contador
Reyder
Roddy
Scleck
Tejay
Voeklor
Nibali

Who will fancy their chances taking on a very open TDF, will be a big wait for October when the course is annonced to see who it suits but being the 100th running it must take on a lot of the classic climbs and key towns/cities.

As for this course have to agree with the pundits and say the top 3 will probbaly stay that way. The stop start attacking has won out over the SKY/Indurain measured powermetor riding and Froome looks cooked.

Last big climb today and was great to see a break away ridder win yesterday, may the same happen today. Two Cat 1 and an HC to end.

Attachments

• 16.png
    16.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 29

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
The Tour is certainly shaping up nicely for its 100th edition!

Right, back on the fantasy front, I've taken out a cheap dom (Florencio) that i've had in the team since the start and has scored me absolutely bugger all. I should probably put some money on him being in the break today!!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
De Gendt and Cataldo off the front at the moment. Only 30 seconds though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It appears me bringing Froome back in was the final nail in his Vuelta! Rodriguez is proving pretty awesome in matching Contador attack for attack.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
3:12 now for De Gendt and Cataldo. I believe a couple in our league have De Gendt, 1066 of course!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looks like they are gone for the day, now 6:48 clear. I was expecting quite a big group to go clear not just two, they will not stay away unless they get joined by more riders at some point, it is just too much work for two riders from this far out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hooray, this afternoon secured as holiday off work and now I come on here to learn that at last De Gendt means business :)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Couldn't afford DeGendt unfortunately. Probably won't stay away but will score some big points.

Has every chance of staying away I'd say. Cataldo is strong too, might have more chance of sticking had more been in it. Not sure who'll want to chase it down to be honest, none of them pose a threat to GC and you'd think Bertie has learned from yesterday that it really is no point chasing down no marks just to gift J Rod the bonus points on the line for the stage win :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Where you getting today's stage ticker from Pantani? I can only see a German one that's started so far. No cyclingnews one up yet which is unusual for them, and the official Vuelta one doesn't seem to have started either. This is not some elaborate wind up is it ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just read this on that other forum :lolol:

Hello! Any one home? 11.27 minutes ffs. Time to do something perhaps?

Always this scenario. Let them go as long as possible until it is too late to bring them back.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Where you getting today's stage ticker from Pantani? I can only see a German one that's started so far. No cyclingnews one up yet which is unusual for them, and the official Vuelta one doesn't seem to have started either. This is not some elaborate wind up is it ???

Vuelta live

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, Eurosport Player on for me at 2pm :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if Simon Clarke is riding at the front of the peloton to try to hoover up 3rd place KOM points?

Edit: I see Moncoutie took the points over the early cat 3 climb.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry, I promise, last post for a while :blush:

Saxo and Euskatel are driving the pace after all, so probably the break has no chance with just the two of them there. Shame, obviously Saxo is now on plan C and going to try to break J rod from much much further out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looking less likely to stay away now.

Bugger riding this tour, I would have nurdled my way out of it, weeks ago!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, Saxo and Euskatel have put paid to De Gendts plans for today I fear :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here